+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Wanna do something cute, need help

Wanna do something cute, need help

Ok so my girlfriend is having a bad day. She's sick, has to go to work, has been annoyed by her brother and me and her got into it a bit last night.

anyway tonight before she gets off work like 10 minutes before i plan on going to her car at her work and putting 2 roses on her window with a card

I have never done this before, so I need help though lol. Can I use real roses or will they die? Since they won't be in water? Also what should I write in the card? Something romantic? Some thing like "I care about you, because I love you" or something like "Just because I love you" or maybe use a song title? Our song is "I'll follow you down" which one you think?

We have been together 2 months so I don't know if this is to much. Also would it be better to just put it on her window or to be at her car after work and give it to her?

I think you should go one step further my friend.

Roses will not die on the windshield. I've used the ploy before and it works well.

The card is a good idea also... you can add a portion of your song, or write an extremely short poem. Haikus are always fun.. but whatever you do it has to be something that has meaning to you both. --- ooo why don't you get a picture of you both and put it in there. Maybe something you have on your phone or a digital camera that she doesn't have a print of... thats a good one too.

Maybe you should allude to a dinner at her favorite restaurant in the card as well, and surprise her, either with that, or one of my favorite things to do is have a normal evening but go out and buy her favorite dessert without telling her, and surprise her with it.

I don't think that it's too much, it reminds me of the kind of thing my husband would have done for me when we first met, though admittedly we were very young. My advice is keep it simple, even just writing that you're thinking of her would be enough I think - and it depends how long the roses are going to be sitting on her car and how hot it is where you are but if you're talking 10 minutes no the roses won't die in that time lol

so maybe writing on the card "Just because I Love You" sounds good. I don't wanna say something like "Sorry for upsettin you"

Is leaving them on the car better than in person?

Quote Originally Posted by Millie View Post
    I don't think that it's too much, it reminds me of the kind of thing my husband would have done for me when we first met, though admittedly we were very young. My advice is keep it simple, even just writing that you're thinking of her would be enough I think - and it depends how long the roses are going to be sitting on her car and how hot it is where you are but if you're talking 10 minutes no the roses won't die in that time lol
    Make sure you write it in pink. Just look how cute that is.

LOL where's that report abuse button....

my friend said not roses, get a variety kind....ugh this is tough...roses or not roses?

Quote Originally Posted by wallace View Post
    roses or not roses?
    Shakespeare might have struggle with that very same question.

Roses are fine..

Yes, this is a great idea. I would write something to the effect of, "To the lady twice as lovely as two red roses, I love you."

They won't die in that time period. It usually takes a day or two for flowers to start wilting.
    Also, kudos to you for doing something like this. It's very romantic, man.