+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Womans opinion

Womans opinion

Ok so I have been split up with my ex now for just over a month. We have been talking only when I initiate contact. She was away on vacation last week and we were talking, just general chat about her holiday etc. She messaged me one night to say she missed me and wished we were on holiday together at a place we went earlier this year. So the day she gets back we are still talking. I said we could catch up that night which she agreed to. I did say it might be quite late because I had been away for the weekend. She said that would be fine and to just let her know when and if she is still awake she would see me. So it ended up being too late because she had gone to bed and was starting to fall asleep. I said it was ok and we could meet the following night if she was free.

This was Sunday night and I have not heard a word from her. I have messaged her a couple of times and even called but she has not replied.

What is going on? Is she playing games wanting me to keep chasing her or what?

thanks in advance

It's kinda fishy that one night she misses you, now she doesn't.. Everyone gets lonely, so she may be just using you to help her lonely nights. I don't understand when exes keep talking. I mean that's great if u stay friends or plan on getting back together(which I don't understand either) but eventually seems like one would move on and the other would be hurt

It is odd because the whole time since we split she has always responded. We have gone 10 days nc before but that was when I didn't respond to her. Only because the break up was too fresh and I couldn't because it hurt too much

She's probably pissed because you didn't make time for her and kept her waiting until it was too late.
    Why don't you ask her out on a proper bloody date if your so interested in getting her back? If she says no then stop all contact with her, if she says yes then have an honest talk about reconciling over a nice meal or a calm and serene walk in the park even instead of playing booty-call-hookup-late-night-I'll-see-you-when-I-see-you-if-I-see-you type ways to reconnect?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

If you're broken up, why are you still speaking so much?

Sounds like she's moved on, and you should, too.

Thats the thing I did reach out to her earlier. Saying to meet up but she said it would confuse things and she thought we could still be friends. I didn't reply when she wanted to just be friends. I then contacted her a couple of weeks after this because I was in a better place. She was the one who ended it with me because she wasn't sure if she wanted a relationship. I think she plans on going travelling later this year.

We have only just started speaking this last week again but then since Sunday I have heard nothing. Yet it was the night before she was telling me she missed me etc. Even on the Sunday we planned on seeing each other for the first time in 3 weeks. I don't think I will ever understand women!

Quote Originally Posted by Confused_Soul_2 View Post
    Thats the thing I did reach out to her earlier. Saying to meet up but she said it would confuse things and she thought we could still be friends. I didn't reply when she wanted to just be friends. I then contacted her a couple of weeks after this because I was in a better place. She was the one who ended it with me because she wasn't sure if she wanted a relationship. I think she plans on going travelling later this year.
    Then perhaps you just missed Your chance at a NSA booty call?

Stop contacting her. If she's leaving for a year what the hell do you expect to accomplish by meeting up with her again unless it's just for booty? Let her contact you for that... make her make the decision and YOU keep your emotions out of it if she does.

Again.. let her contact you and in the meantime, don't be waiting around or anticipating anything from her.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

She is travelling later this year. Not for a year, probably a month or so. The ball is now in her court. I have tried contacting her a couple of times since sunday to no avail. I don't want to come across as needy and desperate. I have my pride and not being big headed but I do get a lot of interest from other women. Just thought after what she had said over the weekend she wanted to work things out, even if it meant taking things slow and back to the start.

its over. please stop clinging on. let it go. the sooner you accept it-the easier it gets
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

In my opinion she was just testing you to see if you were still in. She does not necessarily want to get back with you but she likes knowing that you are still there, available if she wanted to, so basically she is keeping her options open. Had you replied you were not going to meet her when she asked you, you would probably notice that she would then contact you more frequently because she would feel you were getting over her. If she Really wanted to meet you, for whatever reason, she would have replied to you when you contacted her next and arrange the meeting. Simply, if she wanted to see you, she would do so. I believe she is just playing games and testing you. The best thing would be for you to define within yourself what is it that you want with this girl, if you want to get back with her then tell her clearly or if not, then move on and rebuild your life without her.

Ok so it turns out her phone wasn't working. We spoke on the Thursday via text all night. Just a general chat and we were both being really nice to each other. We discussed meeting the weekend just gone but she wasn't sure because she said she missed me and it will make her up set if she sees me?

So the weekend comes and she is too hungover to see me. I have had a few drinks at this point and got annoyed and said it would be best if we don't talk anymore. I drink more that day and later regret saying that so I text her apologising and said I don't want to lose her as a friend. She didn't get this till the following morning as she had fallen asleep. I texted her back that morning and asked if she was free at any point this week. That was monday morning and heard nothing since.

Seems like she is in two minds? I don't know what to think anymore.

Any ideas???

You two are no longer together, you shouldn't be talking to her at all. Send her one last message: "I want you to know that I would love to get back together with you, and it hurts me to keep in touch with you because I still have feelings for you. So unless you change your mind and decide to get back together, I think it's best if we don't talk anymore. Thank you for understanding".