+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I'm the Girl next Door-perspectives pls

I'm the Girl next Door-perspectives pls

Hi everyone

Here's my tale, and my problem. I've come here as I just don't know what to do.

2 years ago I began helping out my neighbour with babysitting her grand kids, when her husband's nephew who is about 30, started coming around to catch up with his family and look after the kids too. During this time I came to see him as genuine person, who was really lovely. There was something very sad about him that I sensed in him..and I really felt that I would never forget him.

I was 17 then, I am now 19 and am one year and 7 months into a relationship with a guy I met out one day. I do love him but know I deserve better and lately have been thinking I need to leave.

On saturday night I was at a 21st and saw him there. Over the last year whenever he has seen me he ignores me or makes no real effort to talk to me. I used to feel that maybe he did like me, and then thought he must of found out about my being interested in him and that's why. However I left home to go for a date once and he yelled out a hello.

Anyways, On saturday night it was the same-no making eye contact, no coversation, I don't exist. He ended up getting drunk and a friend of mine told the guy I like, we;ll call him Jim, to dance with me. So he did.
    We had a couple dances and spoke and he said a couple things like 'when was the last time I saw you..?" and "I noticed you..and you're new haircut" and we laughed and it was sweet and he was tipsy.

He ended up getting more drunk and I left the party after dancing my ass off and went to stand at my drive way with a friend to watch him leave with his family. Jim got in the car and the car took off down the street, he was getting a lift home from family, when the car stopped at the end of the street, he gets out and walks up the street and to me on my driveway. The friend I was standing with left and me and Jim smiled and kissed one another half on the lips, half on the cheek goodnight, and he just stood and rambled on as did I, and then he initiated another peck and then said to me "..well, take it easy..", smiles and walked next door.

what the hell?

I really like this guy. He has never left my thoughts over the last 2 yrs. I used to think he hated me, now I don't know that that happened because he was tipsy. I figure he must like me to get out of the car and walk over to me..it almost felt like he was waiting for me to do something.

I need to sit down and have a chat to him, but I don't know how to contact him without asking my neighbours. They are like family and I don't want it to get weird, or uncomfortable. And though our lips barely touched I have never felt so much and I'd really like to feel that way again..oh whoa when?

so 1: does he likes me?
    2: what do I do now?

thanks

Fairy

he is too old for you. leave him alone. find someone your own age.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra
    he is too old for you. leave him alone. find someone your own age.
    lol...i agree...why is this post so familiar?
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

I agree with the above posts. He's an old man after some young pussy.

END OF STORY.
    *MaJiK*

There are not many things I fear in life, but disappointing you is my greatest.

I love you even with your flaws... I love you because of your flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by fairy
    I do love him but know I deserve better and lately have been thinking I need to leave.
    LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins
    LOL.

-to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Quote Originally Posted by Asip4u
    that is funny, isn't it OV?..What does it prove? Perhaps some people are naturally selfish? Something else?
    Yea that. Plus anyone who say "I deserve better and am thinking about leaving" either doesnt know what love is or definitly isnt in it at that moment with that person. I think it proves that she doesnt love him..not that she is selfish.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Maybe you are too old for him now; he apparently likes them very young.

it doesn't even like he was flirting with her for real. he was a little drunk. i think she's taking every little bit of attention that he gives and interpreting it like he likes her in that way. but a lot of men are dirty little rats when it comes to sex, sometimes they'll trick you into it.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra
    it doesn't even like he was flirting with her for real. he was a little drunk. i think she's taking every little bit of attention that he gives and interpreting it like he likes her in that way. but a lot of men are dirty little rats when it comes to sex, sometimes they'll trick you into it.
    --right on!--

Tone Guest
    Do you not understand what alcohol does to people?

This guy shows no interest for years and then you run into him drunk one night and suddenly you think he's going to be your Romeo... seriously listen to the others, he's too old for you.