+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Advice on asking out.

Advice on asking out.

Hello, i am a 16yrs old male student and my school just ended and i will be going to the 10th grade soon and here is the part that interests you;

After 2 months of starting to go to a new highschool, i could say that i was used to my school, i made comfortable releations with the people in my class & grade and then i realised i was developing some interest in a girl.
    Reason for this was, we had our exams started and i probable was one of the best students that knows English in our school so we started study in class with her, and as a person that really likes talking, (I found my first girlfriend in primary school while studying before) i started to really enjoy conversating with her. As the time past i tried to spend as much as time with her and judge her actions with me, i became good friends with her friends and i thought i could ask her out, some weird things happened and i felt uncomfortable asking that. While i was hanging around her and her friends, they started to talk about other boys that are kinda interested in her and she was showing me their messages on the phone telling me things that made me felt "Friendzoned". So i decided to let the whole thing go and stay as her friend. So the last week of our school came and i learnt that she was picking diffrent division than me. This made me feel sad as i would lose my best way of communicating her, we won't be in same class. And now i am thinking what kind of a action shall i take when school starts, i know she won't be back to the city before school starts as she is in vacation. I am not really afraid to tell my feelings to her, but most likely i am afraid of ruining my current releation with her. I want to tell my feelings to her in most kind way as if she already has a boyfriend or has interest in someone, i don't want to put a burden of a confession ( i know she is a nice person and would be sad to give a negative answer.

So my actual question is aside from any advice anyone might give to someone in my situvation; How shall i confess her? There is a few ways on my mind; I can just go and tell her in school, i can ask her if i can talk privately in school, or i can phone her if she can meet me sometime as i have something to discuss. I really would prefer to make her listen to my words as i am very confident on my use of words, which i can freely do if i am alone with her.

I would really appretiate any suggestion or advices, thanks for all answers in advance. Have a good day!

Hey, this does seem a fairly classic friendzone situation if she's showing you texts from other guys (although it's always possible she's trying to make you jealous / provoke you into asking her out by doing that, especially if she hasn't actually gone out with any of them).

I think you do have to tell her about your feelings at some point, but don't do it in school or over the phone. Over the phone is way too awkward and weird, at school could be uncomfortable too, it could be hard getting her on her own in a private place, and if she turns you down at school (rather than outside), it's more likely that she'll feel like avoiding you in school afterwards.

I'm not sure how friendly you are with her, but try asking her over to your house (or basically anywhere casual outside of school, as late in the day as you think she'll agree to) and if you have a good time, tell her then. You'll have a much better chance of succeeding, and it's less likely to mess up your relationship.

Good luck man, hope things work out for you