+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Signs of Steroids use

Quote Originally Posted by rafterman View Post
    30 lbs of what though ? Muscle .... I'm assuming
    Yes. I was (despite years of weight-training in HS and Jr. HS) rail-thin. Went from 137Lbs. to 165Lbs. in Basic Training. Dad remarked that I was all shoulders and chest at my graduation, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by rafterman View Post
    Ok... To rule out PTSD has ever been deployed ? I cant vouch for the Canadian Army about drug testing, It can be random or done out of suspicion.. Being a reserve soldier, they've probably got "better" things to do on their training days, than have soldiers standing around a medical centre, waiting for drug tests. Plus the Army may not want to know, so long as he's doing his job, Everythings A.O.K.....
    Absolutely never, and he said he won't be. I think he joined for show and to brag. Nothing more, well to pull chicks, lol. I know to join he had to have a full medical that included bloodwork. But not since.
    “The one you love and the one who loves you are never, ever the same person.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    Yes. I was (despite years of weight-training in HS and Jr. HS) rail-thin. Went from 137Lbs. to 165Lbs. in Basic Training. Dad remarked that I was all shoulders and chest at my graduation, LOL.
    Oh, interesting, HeartIsAching. So to you you would think with all info stated so far, he might not have juiced? I previously stated a few posts back his starter weight to now weight, he was lean before at 6ft. He gained all this before basic though, lost some after he said, probably sweating it off. Plus can't do that drug stuff while on a military base being watched.

Quote Originally Posted by sadbunnyface View Post
    Oh, interesting, HeartIsAching. So to you you would think with all info stated so far, he might not have juiced? I previously stated a few posts back his starter weight to now weight, he was lean before at 6ft. He gained all this before basic though, lost some after he said, probably sweating it off. Plus can't do that drug stuff while on a military base being watched.
    You're not just being "watched" on a military post during Basic Training, you're under total control from 4:30AM to 10:00PM MINIMUM.

Try to understand:

You live in a squad bay with 59 other guys. No rooms, no partitions, just a bunk-bed and a wall-locker to call your own. You HAVE nothing that isn't military - everything that you had was taken from you when you were inducted. You don't even get to SHOWER alone. Shower rooms are just that, six ****ing shower heads in one tiled room. You wash in the presence of five other guys, and you damned well BETTER wash, because if you don't, the other guys in your platoon will (at the instruction of your Drill Sergeant) hold you down and wash you with brillo pads if you don't.

On a 'reasonable' day, you'll be awakened at 4:30AM by your Drill Sergeant banging his baton against a trash-can lid and yelling "Drop your cocks and grab your socks! I want every Swinging Richard in formation in FIVE MINUTES!"

Which means you've got five minutes to get out of your bunk, get dressed, shave, brush your teeth (maybe), make your bunk to regs, run downstairs and line up. And BELIEVE me, they're SERIOUS about that five minutes. They're standing down there with a stopwatch. Then you march off to whatever humiliation/training they've got lined up for you that particular morning... often just in time to stand in ranks and wait for dawn so you can actually *do* it.

And it doesn't stop until 9:00 that night, at which time you get to polish your boots, press your uniforms, write letters to home and take a shower... before lights-out at 9:30. Then you get up and do it all over again.

For two months.

Oh, I forgot - on Sundays you get to sleep in 'til 6:00AM.

I've been to jail, and I've been to Basic Training. I'll take jail any day.

Plus can't do that drug stuff while on a military base being watched.
    Err yeah a little naive, he's only in the reserves, he could easily be shooting it anywhere. There's plenty of places on a military base to do this..... Alone... just from what I've seen.

Reserves or not, they go through the same training we did.

Point is, a regular Army solider, will be in a more controlled environment than a reservist. Thats just " Common Dog Fvck " as we would say....

After Basic and AIT? Sure. During? No. Same shit.

I think he joined for show and to brag. Nothing more, well to pull chicks, lol. .
    Oh yeah, one of "those type" ?....What we call here a "Cut-lunch Commando" or a "chocolate soldier", because they melt in the sun... :s

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    You're not just being "watched" on a military post during Basic Training, you're under total control from 4:30AM to 10:00PM MINIMUM.

Try to understand:

You live in a squad bay with 59 other guys. No rooms, no partitions, just a bunk-bed and a wall-locker to call your own. You HAVE nothing that isn't military - everything that you had was taken from you when you were inducted. You don't even get to SHOWER alone. Shower rooms are just that, six ****ing shower heads in one tiled room. You wash in the presence of five other guys, and you damned well BETTER wash, because if you don't, the other guys in your platoon will (at the instruction of your Drill Sergeant) hold you down and wash you with brillo pads if you don't.

On a 'reasonable' day, you'll be awakened at 4:30AM by your Drill Sergeant banging his baton against a trash-can lid and yelling "Drop your cocks and grab your socks! I want every Swinging Richard in formation in FIVE MINUTES!"

Which means you've got five minutes to get out of your bunk, get dressed, shave, brush your teeth (maybe), make your bunk to regs, run downstairs and line up. And BELIEVE me, they're SERIOUS about that five minutes. They're standing down there with a stopwatch. Then you march off to whatever humiliation/training they've got lined up for you that particular morning... often just in time to stand in ranks and wait for dawn so you can actually *do* it.

And it doesn't stop until 9:00 that night, at which time you get to polish your boots, press your uniforms, write letters to home and take a shower... before lights-out at 9:30. Then you get up and do it all over again.

For two months.

Oh, I forgot - on Sundays you get to sleep in 'til 6:00AM.

I've been to jail, and I've been to Basic Training. I'll take jail any day.

Yes, they do, do the exact same basic training for army reservists. Not as long of basic course though, not sure how it is elsewhere though. He wasn't used to being told what to do and yelled at and treated like everyone else, was a real shock to his system, not treated as a prince. Poor boo. I thought, well maybe this well take him out of himself and kick something into him, and only thing it did was added to his bragging, drinking and getting bigger. My family is more Navy not army, although my grandfather was in the army and his grandfather was navy so was surprised he went army.

So from what you and rafterman said, no way in hell he could do any of that while on his basic course, no room for privacy ever. So that could be why he got smaller, not just the sweating and tough training? and why he kicked it probably into overdrive when back. His moods got worse when back 2- 3 weeks after, or close to that.
    I feel like it shouldn't be my business now, if he does or doesn't but I still care and worry. It will hurt him, in long run in lots of ways if he continues. It seems like it is an addiction.

Wow i didn't knew that it can be judged when someone takes steroids that actually depends the kinda amount they go for,Sometimes people go for moderated amount and some go for over the top.
    Both has different effects your article is making sense.

Just curious...

If someone gains 30 lbs in half a year and don't really change their diet much and don't really change their workout regime, can you gain 30 lbs of mostly muscle? He was thinner before and joined the army reserves and then poof all this new weight, to qualify so he can do basic, no way he could do it on his own, his body never held extra weight... they said fck no and got angry, but they have always been thin and couldn't put on weight, maybe 5 lbs whole time I've know em.
    Seems sus. Plus weird angry hostile moods last 6 months and lots of behavior, drinking changes, and sexual changes, like wants it more and why I think is lying about fcking others.
    Plus weird showering now too... Ohh had odd skin rash on legs around feb.. as well.

IDK

any of these signs?

I see I'm a tad late to the party but if I can still help I will.

1) No, it's not possible to gain that much muscle mass drug free in that short period of time. 20 lbs of muscle mass in a year is considered to be a VERY fast pace for drug free athletes/bodybuilders and even then you won't sustain that pace (or even close to it, actually) every year.

2) The military does not test for steroids unless it's command directed, basically you have to make it really obvious in front of your commander or first shirt in order to get tested for steroids. It is also being said by some that special forces use steroids and sweep it under the rug which wouldn't surprise me at all, you kind of need PEDs for the amount of volume that they train with and being in peak physical condition is more important for them than conforming to the moral values of the masses, which means roids/PEDs it is.

Testing for steroids cost a lot of money and considering what a colossal failure and waste of $$ it's proven to be in school programs it's no surprise that the military doesn't want to test everyone for roids. Regular drug tests that test for weed, coke, and all the fun stuff will not find elevated T:E ratios (which is the barometer used in most steroid tests).

3) If he had ZERO weight training experience before then noob gains combined with gaining some bodyfat could possibly put 30 lbs TOTAL on his frame in 6 months time, but not 30 lbs of muscle. That only happens with the help of steroid cycling.

4) Steroid use is a lot more common than you think and you probably know people personally who have used them without you knowing about it.

5) There are also numerous prohormones and designer steroids which range from being banned to being gray area in terms of legality that are "steroid like" but less powerful due to modifications to make them legal, so he may have ran a cycle or two of one of these compounds and gotten the 30 lb mass gain semi-naturally. I could possibly see legal compounds like promagnon, halodrol or epistane helping you gain semi-close to that level of mass by running 2 cycles in a 6 month time frame assuming training, diet, and pct are all in check, and these compounds will get through a military post office check without raising a red flag.
    Last edited by dickriculous; 12-08-13 at 04:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Here is a clip from a series of what the extensive use of steroids can do. I watch the whole series and it is sickening

That ain't steroids, it's synthol.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123