+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Help figuring out my ex

Help figuring out my ex

My ex broke up with me two months ago because she said our relationship wasn't progressing. I have tried moving on, but it has been extremelly tough. She offered me the friendship card and I accepted it to keep her in my life and hopefully earn her love back. We would text a little and I tried getting her to hang out with me, but to no avail. But then she started posting things on twitter about seeing another guy. So, i texted her and let her know that I needed to unfollow her. She got pretty mad but then kept following me on twitter. We have talked a little bit since then, but she always acts like I am bothering her. Even if she is the one that texts me first. Yesterday I noticed that she blocked me on instagram though. Which I thought was really weird because I rarely post anything. I cant figure out why she would keep me on Facebook and Twitter, but not instagram when I am never on there. I wish I could figure her out. I love this girl more than anything and I would do anything to get back togethor with her. IS it possible that she just blocked me on instagram to get me to talk to her? We havnt talked for about a week now,so I thought that might be the reason why.

I suppose it is possible that she blocked you to get your attention but I think that's really wishful thinking on your part. Is it not more likely that she blocked you on Instagram because she was going to post something that would potentially hurt you? I mean I assume that you stopped following her on Twitter because what she was posting was painful to you, so is isn't it possible that she was just following your lead? Either way I think you need to move on - she has, and from what I can tell she knows how you feel and yet has not given any indication that she wants to get back together, either in the short or long term.

I agree you really need to let go. The only thing you are getting from this is false hope. You need to let yourself grieve, heal and move on. Being friends with her will only extend your pain.

I definitely understand you guys. I know im holding out hope that she will come around. It just hurts that one day she was all over me and then the next she is gone. She is just really confusing. I see where our relationship went wrong and I just want another chance. Also, it is really hard to let go of people for me. I have had the same group of friends since high school and im 23 now. So losing her is just tough. She was my best friend. I could tell her anything. And now I dont have that. It just sucks for me. I would do anything to get her back

I have the same group of friends since I was just 2 years old ( I'm 49 now)and when I was your age I had the ability to know when to let go, especially when I saw them move on. So this is no excuse. It's two months now...if she wanted to be with you she would have come back by now, but she hasn't. Reality dude, the reason you can't let go is because you refuse to accept it, and the fact you keep in contact with her is just making it that harder...you are being a fool.

Just because you love someone doesn't mean they have to be yours. As the song goes "You can't always get what you want."

I have a question......do you not have any real friends, guys to hang out with?

I have a lot of real friends. And we hang out like everyday. They all watch out for me and told me to leave her alone. They really dont like her at all. But even wth all of that I still think about her 24/7

Well you keep busy with your buddies then, maybe go out and hit on some hot girls for fun.

I am trying to. We went to the bar the other night but i really didnt have any interest in talking to girls. All i wanted to do was sit and talk to my friends

You need to give yourself a chance.....don't worry there will be one that will catch your eye.

I hope so. Thanks for your help

Holy shit... 2 months ago? Time to move the **** on. She put out the "friendship" card to soften the blow.

Sorry bro... but you ain't gettin' her back. Move on.

i feel sorry for you bro, but they're right, she moved on and you should too.. it's hard at first, i see that you really love her.. and i think that she blocked you to the social media sites because she doesn't want to hurt you with her posts, and probably it's also her way of making it easier for you to move on too... just saying.. i would suggest that you spend more time with your friends.. that would help.. good luck

I got back with my ex after her being in a relationship for a year and a half. Send her flowers, send her a card, chocolates. It will irritate her boyfriend and drive him away from her.

There is a goalie in soccer but that doesn't mean you can't score.

Mmmm sounds bad but in my experience the more exes have chased the more I run. Play cool is the only way. Cut contact, don't get caught up in twitter or blah blah. Get on with your life.
    The whole "if you love someone set them free if not it was never meant to be' is very true I think.
    Out of interest did you clarify what she meant by 'not progressing?'