+ Follow This Topic

Thread: oral sex

oral sex

hey i just wonderd i no it might be a stupid quest and im sorry but should you use condoms during oral sex?? i jus wonderd cos i saw a post kind of like this. my bf has never had sex with any one esle and neither have i (we havent actualy had sex yet) but i jus wonderd it it complety safa with no condoms, i have never actualy swallowed his cum, i jus spit it out my mouth after ,he doesnt mind this cos he sed he wouldnt swalow if this was him. cos dont condoms kind of ruin the whole point of oral sex? cos the guy wouldnt be able to feel any thing then would he? help me thnx xxxx

Sexually transmitted diseases can be passed through oral sex, even if you spit out the semen, and I have been told the "feel" is not all that different - it is more of a psychological thing. Knowing that, you can decide for yourself whether or not having him wear a condom is a good idea.

Tone Guest
    Yeah but if this is the first time someone other than mommy has touched each other they should be okay no?

Probably, assuming this really IS the first time, and the guy doesn't have hepatitus, and neither partner suffers from cold sores (which is usually a form of herpes) neither being as uncommon as you might think.

I see that I am conveying a sense of paranoia about germs. What can I say? The risks are small, but they are there.

thanks for feed back , my boyfriend has not been touched or anything by ne one b4 apart formme and same 4 me, so condoms dont stop the feeling then?

Tone Guest
    Yeah always better to be safe than sorry, so the saying goes.

And it does take away from the feeling. I tried flavored condoms with a girlfriend once and we both agreed it was dumb and didn't use those again. :P
    Last edited by Tone; 05-07-05 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blink
    thanks for feed back , my boyfriend has not been touched or anything by ne one b4 apart formme and same 4 me, so condoms dont stop the feeling then?
    I've been told they don't affect the feel much, but I don't know first hand as I am a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    I've been told they don't affect the feel much, but I don't know first hand as I am a woman.
    Condoms do affect feel. It is afterall a layer of material between both party's skin. You can still feel what is going on, but it is reduced. (id say 20-30%)

If you are both eachother's first partners, then you likely have nothing to worry about at all. Of course he could be lying to you, and of course HIV is commonly passed from mother to child, so he could still be contageous of SOMEthing, even though he is completely sexually inexperienced. But the odds are 1 in a million.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDrum
    Condoms do affect feel. It is afterall a layer of material between both party's skin. You can still feel what is going on, but it is reduced. (id say 20-30%).
    20-30% decrease in male pleasure can be linked to 20-30% INCREASE in female pleasure! hahaha

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You've put on latex gloves right?

How easily can you feel textures and such with those things on?

Definitely not as well as you could if you didn't have them on.

Look, kids. Don't play Russian roulette with the odds for or against an unwanted pregnancy or STDs, orally transmitted or otherwise. Use birth control of whatever nature suits you, and BOTH of you get tested at least TWICE at 6-11 week intervals BEFORE you engage in unprotected sex with EACH OTHER. Then, as long as you're engaging in unprotected sex with each other, get tested at regular intervals thereafter.

Sheesh! Can I just point out that I didn't say that condoms didn't affect the feel AT ALL, I only said not too much, based on what I've heard.

20-30% decrease in male pleasure can be linked to 20-30% INCREASE in female pleasure! hahaha
    Amen sister.

It's up to you if you choose to use a condom during oral sex or not but if you feel more comfortable using a condom then do it. If he's not happy with it then just don't perform oral sex on him at all.