+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why has my crush suddenly lost interest in me?

Why has my crush suddenly lost interest in me?

I'm 17. The guy I like (age 18) was being really nice to me lately. He's a good church boy. It seemed like he was flirting a little for the past couple weeks ("your hair looks nice", "you're so talented", touching my arm, etc). Maybe I have misunderstood and it is his personality (he is quite outgoing and jokey in general).

I then asked a friend for his number to text him a joke about something from earlier (in a nice way). He replied with a quite long text and teased me back. I sent another text a few hours later in reply, and asked about how his day at work went. He didnt reply at all but I didn't mind, asumed he was busy.

A few days later I saw him when we were out with friends and he was still nice but didn't pay qite as much attention to me as he had before. That night I sent a short text joking about something that happened with our mutual friend on the way home. He never replied.

I saw him yesterday and he was paying less atention. He did talk to me a couple of times and seemed happy enough with me (he made a joke in a nice way about something I said), but not exactly flirting as before.. What happened here?

Are boys put off by girls texting? I am totally sure he wasn't offended by anything I said to him, anything like teasing was just light hearted banter which he particpated in and he can take a joke!. I also didn't come across as needy or anything, both texts were jokey and nothing to do with "us". I havent texted him since nor will I unless he texts first. Have I done something wrong here though.

I guess he doesnt like me in the same way but I want to at least be friends.... OR am I overanalysing and he is just being a typical boy.

He is a good looking guy and quite popular and I think maybe I'm not pretty enough (though I think I'm quite pretty, I do get compliments on my appearance a lot (even from him previosuly lol) and pay some care to how I present myself... I'm not as beautiful as his ex though). He broke up with his ex early 2013 and there was a girl he waas seeing for a bit just after that but not anymore.. I am also a christian girl and I live for God so.... Any help??
    Last edited by heatherrose; 07-07-13 at 05:44 PM.

Call me old fashioned, but I would never do as your friend did and give you someone else's number without their permission. Thing is, if he wanted you to have his number, he would have given it to you. And now you're texting him and he didn't ask for this to happen.

And yes, it's very true that some guys don't like to be chased by girls. Especially conservative men. And boys who go to church do tend to be more conservative in their relationship views.

Where to go from here? Delete his phone number. You can either let him chase you - or go find a guy who likes an assertive girl (they do exist too). But at this point, this guy is not into you.

Hmmm...pretty much every decent guy who was even joking and flirting with you "as friends" would answer your texts and not just suddenly turn off you. One thing it could be is that texting isn't a great way to conduct a relationship of any kind and it can get stale pretty quickly. Otherwise, I'd have to guess that either he didn't like you as much as you thought, or else he still does like you and he just had an off day the last time when you thought he seemed un-interested.

I think you're doing the right thing by stopping texting him, at least for now. Just hang out with him as normal, that will give you more information about how he feels. I honestly think it's pretty likely that he does like you, but if he doesn't, this is still the right way to go to stay friends with him too.

Good luck girl, hope it works out for you