+ Follow This Topic

Thread: old men?!?

old men?!?

Hello to everybody.
    I am Irina,20 years old.
    I think that most of people at the age date with someone close to their age so did i until i met a man who was 42 and i was 18 at the time.We broke up each other some time ago but now i can not take young men as men at all.There are enough men around who want to get me,but i ...i just can't.I don't know how explain it.Now there is one a very good man at the age of 23,i find him really interesting and charming,his behaviour,in short many things,but i do don't know how to fix the problem in my head about his age,i am afraid that i will "send him far away" and will regret later.That sounds stupid,i know.
    I live in russia and if in America it is not that hard to meet a man above 35 who is single,than in russia people get married rather early and if a man at the age of 40 is not married-hm-hm,he is not normal))
    Maybe someone from here has faced the same problem? what to do?
    thank you.

Tone Guest
    Just think about when you are 42 he'll be 66 and all old and shriveled up.

I can understand the attraction for a girl your age to a man around forty, but I really think you need to retrain your brain to appreciate guys your own age. Try things out with the 23 year old, and if it doesn't work out with him, look for another guy in your age range.

This will be harsh, but look at it this way: a 42 year old man going out with a girl around the age of 20 is psychologically similar to a 20 year old girl going out with a 13 year old boy.

Privyet Irina! Kak pazhivayete? Ya izuchayu russkii yazeek. Shto sluchilas?

Old men?? or mature men??

I think you are quite young and you've recently started dating. Your experience with this man will give shape to your future ideal man. The most obvious it seems about your "old man" is his age. I don't think you're giving the 23 year-old guy the chance maybe he deserves? I dated men 15 years older than me and after having good experiences with them it is hard to picture myself with anyone younger. This idea is erased as soon as I had an unsatisfying relationship with an Old Man and young men started to look appealing. I don't know much about Russian boys but here in USA there are many kinds of boys, not all of them are immature.

Are you looking for someone to marry? Are you deciding to come to USA?