+ Follow This Topic

Thread: First Date with Guy I Didn't Expect to Like...

First Date with Guy I Didn't Expect to Like...

Alright, so I'm on a dating website, and this guy and I had awesome conversation pretty much ALL day on the 1st. We talked a little bit more through out the week but not as much. Then on Wednesday night he drops a bomb shell on me...he is moving to Korea and isn't looking to start anything of course because he leaves at the end of month. Immediately, I start laughing, and I am like "This dude only wants sex and is making all of this up." and he then proceeds to ask me when or if I would still like to keep talking to him and if I want to go out. I said "Okay, Friday we can hang out." Because I knew what he was looking for, I said "WTH! I'll get some dinner and drinks out of this loser and call it a day for him." Also let's NOT forget to mention that I have a child and he put on his page that he would only use a woman with a kid for sex and I saw he was registered on some NSA sites as well(Google is your friend...use it). My friends encouraged me to go out and have fun and of course knowing what I knew of him to not take him seriously at all, so I went.

The date was the POLAR opposite. Here I was waiting ALL night(with eager anticipation) to completely reject him and his advances. He was very gentle and sweet to me. We completely clicked, laughed, and talked all night and it was completely comfortable. We danced and got pretty wasted together. When we were on the date, he just blurts out, "I really like you." and I was like "I like you too and it sucks that you are leaving." and he said "I would meet you when I am leaving which really sucks" and I said "Well, why are you on a dating website if you are about to leave anyway?" and I really don't remember his answer but I do remember him saying he was a picky dater and that he had to be attracted and really like someone to want to go out with them; he said he had only been on two dates from that website prior to our meeting. I took it for what it was worth and said "Okay"

We took a taxi back to his house since we had both been drinking, and he had a spare room in his house and told me that he thought I should stay and not drive since I had been drinking. He went upstairs to go to his room and I just remember asking him to stay with me because I felt really sick and didn't want to be alone. We slept in the bed without so much as touching one another. I got up the next morning and he walked me to my car and gave me a hug and he texted me a while later to make sure I made it home alright. But we haven't talked that much since yesterday around noon. : (

That was the best date I have ever been on with the person that I least expected to even actually like. Considering his expressed views on single moms and his NSA memberships...lmbo, I am seriously wondering why he didn't try me at all or anything.

Maybe he didn't try anything because he didn't know how to go about dealing with things in the morning or he didn't want some drunk chick puking on him. Anyways why would you want to get involved with a guy that A. disrespectfully says something like that about single moms, B. makes up a lie about leaving at the end of the month probably so he doesn't have to be obligated if he slept with you. C. didn't do a follow up phone call saying how much a great time he had and maybe you can get together again. D. possibly has another date lined up.

Don't wast your time.

What is NSA anyways?

He didn't try anything because drunk chicks are really unattractive. And yes, he probably worried that you'd puke on him.

He was drinking as well...that was the plan for the entire date. He and I are both new drinkers, so he said "Well, we have to go out together and see how exciting we are together". He purposely took a taxi because we knew that we would both be drinking. It was all just supposed to be a night of good fun. He and I were both sick in the morning, but I think my tolerance is lower than his. He didn't try anything when I was sober either...

NSA @ smackie is "No Strings Attached". That's why I'm saying....I went in with my guards on high just expecting to drink and to have fun but not taking this guy seriously because IMO he's a douchebag, but he wasn't. As far as his leaving, we talked about it and I saw things being packed in his house. We also talked about his new duty station and all of that, so he's definitely moving. -shrugs- I don't know.

forget about him. why are you even asking? I didnt read the post-just read smackies response and I say ditch him and find someone who wants a relationship like you do..
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    forget about him. why are you even asking? I didnt read the post-just read smackies response and I say ditch him and find someone who wants a relationship like you do..
    Thanks Michelle!! : )

Well NSA because he has to travel so that is pretty straight forward don't ya think? Sure he's a great guy but it's just not possible for him to be available for what you are looking for simple as that. Oh well it was just bad timing. You got something out of this right? You had a great time! which is unusual these days huh. No worries you will find someone someday. Best of luck to you

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Well NSA because he has to travel so that is pretty straight forward don't ya think? Sure he's a great guy but it's just not possible for him to be available for what you are looking for simple as that. Oh well it was just bad timing. You got something out of this right? You had a great time! which is unusual these days huh. No worries you will find someone someday. Best of luck to you
    He texted me this morning and we have been texting back and forth.

Yeaaaah, I was a little weirded out when I saw that he was a member of a NSA website. He and I met on okcupid, which is clearly not intended for NSA...at least not on my end. It is definitely bad timing. : ( In my mind, I wouldn't wait for him but I would keep him in my deck...he's only going to Korea for a year. However, I couldn't consider seriously dating him until I knew what was going on with those awful comments he made about single moms.

And thank you very much...that was one of the best hang outs I have ever had...I finally realized just how bad my dating experiences have been lately because I am always non-communicative with my dates...with this guy, we hung out like old friends and laughed...it was so awesome! : / Dating sucks! LOL.

Yes it does.....

LOL!!! So yesterday we were texting back and forth and he was going on and on about he is moving and isn't looking for a relationship anyway to be honest. I was confused on that comment because I said I liked him and he was cool to continue being friends with but I never once asked for a relationship. He was like "Well the other night when we were drinking you kept saying "All you want is sex and I know it." and I said "I said that really?" and then I said, "Well if I said that it's because that's the perception that I have of you based off of your own behavior, and I am quite aware of that. However, I had no idea that I said that though." I told him I was alright with not talking to him and I appreciated his honesty;he was like "Everyone says that until they are slapped in the face with it." and I said "LOL. No, I am really alright with it though." I then explained, "Well, to be even more fair and honest though, you never took me seriously because I am a single mother. I know that. And I said that's one of the REAL reasons that I didn't want to go out with you in the first place though. However you kept pressing so I went out to have a good time and I wound up liking you a little more than what I did initially but again I had a great time with you but lets be real. I just never took the time to ask you about it." and his reply is, "Ok. Please don't go there with the single mother thing. I don't know what question you are trying to ask but it's whatever now." and I said "Oh okay. It's whatever now. LOL! Okie dokie. I will leave you to yourself then."

I was on to him the entire time, and I never took him any seriously than he took but I went out and had a good time. But he seemed uninterested in backing up his "single mother" comment...you said it so own it. Who cares?! I don't. LOL.

He's looking for NSA. He is also a better-than-average player. Knows how to work you and make you feel like he wants more, when in reality, he doesn't.

My opinion, anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    He's looking for NSA. He is also a better-than-average player. Knows how to work you and make you feel like he wants more, when in reality, he doesn't.

My opinion, anyhow.

What you are stating is NOT an opinion...it is a fact. LOL!!!! I have and AM learning to decipher MALE BS; I would have fallen for this about a year ago. Now his little PCS move doesn't even seem believable anymore; at least I don't think it's when he says it is anyway. He claims he leaves on the 12th...comes back on the 23rd and leaves for Korea on the 28th. LMBO! Right.........

I think in some ways he wanted me to be angry or upset and became upset that I wasn't upset. LMBO.
    Last edited by ladyluck87; 09-07-13 at 09:20 PM.