+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Vagina

The Vagina

Just a curiosity question out of the blue. Does the Vagina change in size depending on how aroused the female is? Male penis does, so does the female vagina have similar characteristics. And by size for the female vagina, I don't mean depth, but rather the circumference? And if so, how drastic a differece is it?

BAM! Bet this has never been discussed on the forum before

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I was recently watching a documentary on sex and according to that, women have said that they feel tighter once they're aroused.

Not to mention the clitoris grows engorged with blood similar to how the penis does.

The vagina does not change size through anything but childbirth, from what I've heard, although the muscles surrounding it can contract making insertion more difficult. Interesting question, though...

No, no, no, kids. The vigina is flexible and DOES dilate during coitus. After coitus, it resumes 'at rest' dimensions over a period of minutes. The female equivalent of the male's 'recharging' time after orgasm.

Hmm - my understanding is that the vagina is a "potential" space rather than an actual space. The walls of the vagina are normally touching unless something is inserted between them, it is not an 'open' canal which can change shape. When something enters the vagina, the body must make room for it, so in that sense, yes it is flexible. The reason for "looseness" after giving birth is because the muscles surrounding the "potential space" have been stretched out of shape and damaged.

indigosoul Guest
    Space, potential space (huh?), I think we're missing the point:

If your question relates to whether the aroused or post-orgasmic vagina can "fit" more in, the answer is YES. Which is why women can often better accomodate a man w/a large penis after an orgasm.

This was discussed in another thread a while back, FYI.

Yes it does. a womans arrousal isn't that much different than a guys. Blood still rushes to the area, sweling the tissue. You can't tell like you can with a penis, it is nowhere near as obvious, but it does happen. The clitorus actually goes through swelling and de-swelling stages before oragasm.

Of course, shh! It's like an elongated, uninflated balloon; all inner surfaces collapsed on themselves until something is inserted. Then, as happens to a stocking when a foot goes in, the walls part to accommodate the in entering shape. How 'tightly' or 'loosely' it accomodates the shape depends on a number of things. But, definitely during coitus and immediately after orgasm, (generally) vaginal tissue is at its most flexible and a woman more comfortably accmmodate greater volumes of mass. As excitement subside, tissues return to at rest state and less volumes of mass can be comfortably accommodated.

Post orgasm is understandable, and pretty well known, and discussed before. But what I was referring to is post foreplay and pre-orgasm. Does the circumference to the vagina increase depending on how aroused the subject is.

wow the forums have been very horny over the weekend lol
    It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone"

People change and forget to tell each other.

how do you people know all this stuff??? I am a woman and I have no idea if my vagina gets bigger during sex.

I like vagina.... hence I like to learn about vagina too

Some girls after have to much sex have huge gapping holes.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

---------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by roxamillion
    how do you people know all this stuff??? I am a woman and I have no idea if my vagina gets bigger during sex.
    To be honest, I think I got alot of my information from magazines.. great souce of entertainment and educational too! ^_^

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast