+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: On the Outs

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    your bf created this mess by b**ching to his family about you. If you two have issues-he should not run to his family and tell them all the gory details-then of course they are gonna form an opinion of you if he has done nothing but complain and put you down. I think its very immature on his part. If my bf did this to me-I would dump him.

Family should not get involved unless it is absolutely necessary-which means violence, abusive, cheating, bills not paid, no food in the fridge.. (big things that put you emotional, physical and mental well being at risk.

Other than that it is none of their business and he is a twat for getting them involved

I do agree with you to a point. I do not have siblings so I don't know what it is like to have that bond, especially with a twin. We were not together when he told her things about our relationship nor did I ever think things would work out the way they did between he and I. However, what I agree with is that family should not get involved.

PS- I'm sure there was another noun you could have used rather than "twat"

Quote Originally Posted by VerticalMoon View Post
    It is up to his family to decide if they want to forgive the situation. He's tried to reach out to them. That's all he can do. After that, the ball is in their court. If they don't want to let either of you into their lives, the best thing to do is to ignore them. Focus on each other and on the supportive people in your lives. Ignore the negative ones. Don't let them get you down. What matters is that you are there for each other. He's chosen to stick by you, so just be grateful for that and show your appreciation.
    Thanks! I appreciate your response. It's just everything is a mess and it upsets both of us. I'm trying not to let it get me down, but there's only so much of a front I can put up.

Any kind of issue with the other's family will always be weird. But if you plan on marrying this person, it's best to communicate with the family as to establish a foundation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12