+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Taking a break

Taking a break

Thanks to this board and my friends, I have gotten plenty of advice on what to do but, my girlfriend after a year and a half decided she needed to take a break. You can find details about it in the ask a female forum. I just don't know what to do as far as dealing with this. I really didn't think this would ever happen and I'm absolutely crushed right now. I not only lost my best friend (I can't even see when she's online) but, there is a void that I don't how to fill that she left. I know it's only been a week but, I'm tired of crying myself to sleep and breaking down each day. It just really hurts because while we did have rough times, I never thought it would go this route. I contacted my colleges psychologist but, she won't be back until August 1st, and I don't have a vehicle right now to get off campus. What do I do ?

Taking a break means that she wants to keep you as a backup plan while she dates somebody else. I don't know if that's what she told you, but that's what it generally means. Go no-contact, pull yourself together, and then get on with life.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Taking a break means they don't have the balls to breakup with you. So when they get enough space between ya, then they get the courage to do it.

Relationship is over. Unless whatever issues/problems you two are dealing with are resolved, taking time apart just lead to more fizzling out.
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

sorry but its over. you need to accept that and start healing. she will string you along for ages if you let her giving false hope, mixed signals, getting jealous if she sees you with someone else and will only want you if she thinks she cant have you. i dont believe inbreaks-your either together or your not-all or nothing..

i think you should end it once and for all and start getting on with your life. pain is only temporary you will get over her
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

what do you do? You can stay here and talk with us. I know you must feel so gutted but you will feel better as time goes on, as long as you just let go, then you will start to heal.

get ur boys to hook u up with some hot chicks. you'll forget about her in no time
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
    - Jimi Hendrix

http://inspiringlovequotes.net

VincenzoG91 said it perfectly

It sounds like you still like her.. Girls don't like weak men.. pull yourself together and don't let her see you all broken inside.. If she wants to take a break, most likely she is bored of being in the relationship or she met someone else..Focus on improving yourself and make her see a new and confident you.. maybe she will fall in love with that new you again..good luck!
    <a href="http://www.w3schools.com">Visit W3Schools.com! </a>