+ Follow This Topic

Thread: how to move forward

how to move forward

I really like this girl that I had over a handful of times about a month ago. We slept together and would pillow talk the next day about stuff. I really enjoyed her company. Unfortunately, she has been quite unavailable besides texts/phone calls for weeks now. Her mom is sick and she gets guilted into not doing anything and she doesn't have her license atm so she doesn't get out at all. For almost 6 weeks now we have been texting almost everyday. We have developed what I think to be a fun connection. We flirt, joke, send pictures, have pet names, talk about fun things we want to do, talk about each others days, and sometimes talk more intimately. All mostly through texts. Lately I have been texting her first but she says she likes it and she likes me asking her out to do things and she always responds pretty quickly in an excited manner.

I'm just getting a little restless about it. I get that her situation is a bit precarious but I feel that if she did really like me and her family was fine and let her go, she would want to see me even just for a short time. She has even told me that she needs to get out away from them. She herself recently suggested we drink wine and watch a movie but the question is when if ever. We've both said we want to see each other but it just doesn't happen. Maybe I'm being selfish and a little delusional about it with her mom being sick and her family blocking. Maybe she just likes the distraction from her family problems. Maybe she really just can't get out. Maybe I should be giving her more space or not thinking of her in this way. Idk.

What I'd like your input on is whether or not I should continue or try to clarify what we are doing. I want to see her and get a better read on how she feels about me but I also know she needs to be there for her family. So what can or should I say? We've talked about doing things this past week but her mom has been in the hospital for a few days so plans fell through.

While this has been going on I have been getting out and talking to other girls with a little luck but no real leads. I don't have a lot of experience. I just really like this girl and want to move forward with her if that is possible. Any help is great.

No replies yet...but I think I'm going to back off a bit even though I really enjoy her attention. I try to go a few days without texting but I just can't get her out of my head and I know she'll text me right back and chat. This move makes the most sense to me and if it turns out shes just being nice or just wants attention then I'm covered. I really wish I were better at this or could quickly find another girl that I liked...