+ Follow This Topic

Thread: After reluctant First Date, time to move on?

After reluctant First Date, time to move on?

Hi all,

My fist post here, and sorry for the poor english

I met a girl that I found on a dating site - She was very reluctant to have a first meeting with me. she is 33 (i'm 39) and she never met an online guy before. I even tried one time a "If you are not interested just say no" - she answered that we will met some day - after several days of excuses we finally met as she told.

We had a great time, consumed 2 bottles of wine and talked for 3 hours - we kissed and was fine.

After the meeting, I'm still having difficulties for a second meeting.. I tried 1 time and she gave more excuses - we talked a bit but her behavior is the same from before the meeting: Not so much talking, always busy. etc. Sometimes she says: "I think it will not be possible to met today, if it <my excuses> do not occur, we will met.

I have no evidence that the excuses are not true - sometimes she say she is out of the city for example - but she is always reluctant for a meeting.

What I do now? Move on? Force her to say yes or no ("If you are not interested just say no and I will move on")? Continue talking in the same way to see what happens?

I'm very interested in this girl, obviously she is not so interested, she is a really attractive girl - I'm suffering with this situation and really don't know if is time to move on or try a little more.

What do you think?

Move on. She's not interested.

Quote Originally Posted by namemyname View Post
    Move on. She's not interested.
    OR she's SUPER interested.

But no, .. probably not interested... if you pull away and she tries to keep contact.. let us know.. then we've got some leverage...

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInflux View Post

But no, .. probably not interested... if you pull away and she tries to keep contact.. let us know.. then we've got some leverage...

LMAO.

You're so snarky. I love it.

OP - you look pretty hot in that "Brazilian soccer player" kinda way. You'll find another hottie, and one that will want to actually DATE you.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInflux View Post

Thank you for the answer. If something change I'll let you know.

I would keep chatting casually, and when she is ready, she will come around.. if things don't progress, then move on. I wouldn't give up on her completely, but keep your options open. Talk to other women, arrange other meetings, and take things as they come.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcelo.santos View Post
    Hi all,

My fist post here, and sorry for the poor english

I met a girl that I found on a dating site - She was very reluctant to have a first meeting with me. she is 33 (i'm 39) and she never met an online guy before. I even tried one time a "If you are not interested just say no" - she answered that we will met some day - after several days of excuses we finally met as she told.

We had a great time, consumed 2 bottles of wine and talked for 3 hours - we kissed and was fine.

After the meeting, I'm still having difficulties for a second meeting.. I tried 1 time and she gave more excuses - we talked a bit but her behavior is the same from before the meeting: Not so much talking, always busy. etc. Sometimes she says: "I think it will not be possible to met today, if it <my excuses> do not occur, we will met.

I have no evidence that the excuses are not true - sometimes she say she is out of the city for example - but she is always reluctant for a meeting.

What I do now? Move on? Force her to say yes or no ("If you are not interested just say no and I will move on")? Continue talking in the same way to see what happens?

I'm very interested in this girl, obviously she is not so interested, she is a really attractive girl - I'm suffering with this situation and really don't know if is time to move on or try a little more.

What do you think?
    Perdonme porque mi espanol esta mala...

Tu tienes no razon para sufriendo porque es claro k ella no tiene interesante vacano. Pero no siente malo porque ella es no para ti y es mas pez en el mar. Bueno suerte vacano.

Ayyyyyyyyy cono...tu hablas PORTUGUESEEEEEEEEEEE......jajajajajaja...sorrryyyy y!!!!
    Last edited by ladyluck87; 10-07-13 at 12:52 AM.

Some women play hard to get because they think it will make them more desirable to men. I wonder if that's what's happening here. If so, do you really want a woman plays games? Otherwise, she's either not that interested or doesn't have time for a relationship. Whichever of the three it is, I don't think it's worth putting in a ton of effort for her. I would move on and only give her as much attention as she's giving to you.
    “This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movement of small green pieces of paper, which was odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.” ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy