+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Relationship turning point, not sure what to do.

Relationship turning point, not sure what to do.

Ive been dating a guy for a few months. Its been really great for the most part. We connect really well. We like most of the same things. It's that kind of relationship were when were together we are always laughing. Like we cant just have a dinner with out one of us saying something and the other person having to spit there food out from laughing. I have not felt, or been so happy with someone in years, or what might seem like ever. He has been telling me he loves me for awhile now and only recently have I reciprocated the sentiment. Now that I have put my feeling out on the table I already am starting to regret it and feel like I've been played. Hes stopped making the effort to hang out with me. Maybe its just that before he was blowing off his friends to spend time with me but now hes not. When I try and hang out with him and his friends I basically have to invite myself and I get along with all of them fine but he pretty much ignores me the whole time. It makes me feel like there's something going on that I don't know about or that hes ashamed that im his girlfriend. Which I don't really get because not to brag but im pretty attractive. We went from spending every other day together to once to twice a week. Which is not enough for me emotionally or physically. Also I'm almost always the one initiating contact with him, it would make me feel much better if he would text or call me more. What is a way I can bring the concerns up with out sounding pathetic or like a crazy bitch? In the beginning I made it very clear that I have a high sex drive and like attention a lot. It seems like he has already forgotten. My fear is that he just tricked me into falling in love with him and now that I did I'm stuck and he no longer needs to make the effort to lock me down. Tho if thats the case he is sorely mistaken because if I feel my needs are not being met I will leave, even if it hurts to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by ArshtatCinders View Post
    Ive been dating a guy for a few months. Its been really great for the most part. We connect really well. We like most of the same things. It's that kind of relationship were when were together we are always laughing. Like we cant just have a dinner with out one of us saying something and the other person having to spit there food out from laughing. I have not felt, or been so happy with someone in years, or what might seem like ever. He has been telling me he loves me for awhile now and only recently have I reciprocated the sentiment. Now that I have put my feeling out on the table I already am starting to regret it and feel like I've been played. Hes stopped making the effort to hang out with me. Maybe its just that before he was blowing off his friends to spend time with me but now hes not. When I try and hang out with him and his friends I basically have to invite myself and I get along with all of them fine but he pretty much ignores me the whole time. It makes me feel like there's something going on that I don't know about or that hes ashamed that im his girlfriend. Which I don't really get because not to brag but im pretty attractive. We went from spending every other day together to once to twice a week. Which is not enough for me emotionally or physically. Also I'm almost always the one initiating contact with him, it would make me feel much better if he would text or call me more. What is a way I can bring the concerns up with out sounding pathetic or like a crazy bitch? In the beginning I made it very clear that I have a high sex drive and like attention a lot. It seems like he has already forgotten. My fear is that he just tricked me into falling in love with him and now that I did I'm stuck and he no longer needs to make the effort to lock me down. Tho if thats the case he is sorely mistaken because if I feel my needs are not being met I will leave, even if it hurts to do so.
    You need to be upfront with him. Just because he says that he loves you is an indicator of nothing sweetie. He rarely calls, blows you off to be with his friends, and ignores you when you are there. He doesn't sound very considerate of your feelings. However, in relationships, it is always KEY to talk candidly about issues that bother you or they will NEVER get addressed. He won't know unless you tell him. It is only AFTER you have told him and made him aware of your concerns and you can see how he reacts from that point that you can conclude whether his claims of being in love are genuine or not. : /

Your probably right, ill just have to tell him strait up the things that are going to break this deal for me. Its just going to severely piss me off if the one time I put myself out there I am just being totally played. I thought I was better then that and could see thru a guys game and know if they are sincere or not.

Quote Originally Posted by ArshtatCinders View Post
    Your probably right, ill just have to tell him strait up the things that are going to break this deal for me. Its just going to severely piss me off if the one time I put myself out there I am just being totally played. I thought I was better then that and could see thru a guys game and know if they are sincere or not.
    Some situations and people are more transparent than others. You have let your guard down, so it is a lot harder to things when you trust someone...