+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First time and it felt good!! now what do i do?

First time and it felt good!! now what do i do?

hi everyone, I went out to a restaurant yesterday with some friends and I saw this girl that caught my attention. A very good looking server and instantly I was attracted. So, I was sitting on the table thinking if I should man up, when will I man up, to stop being a pussy and as I went through all these thoughts my heart starts beating faster and faster until I told my self that it had to be done one day or else I would never get anything.
    So I see her walking and I get up and I say " Hi, if I can guess where you're from can I get your number" and she said ok. ( Now that this happened I feel like I could have done a little bit better, but cut me some slack.. it was my first time ever going up to a girl and asking for her number). So I got the country where she was from and she said "how did you know" and walked away laughing. I went back to my table to eat and right before leaving she came and asked me how old I was and I said "does it matter" so she said "how old do you think I am" and I said "22" and she said "oh god" and gave me a piece of paper with a number.
    So today, I come home and I try to text it, but its a landline number so I was thinking "did she give me her house number" but not I looked it up and it turns out she gave me her work number!!

Anyway I would like to know why she did that? (she seemed interested so I don't understand ) is there a purpose behind it? what do I do? I feel like if I call her work and ask for her she's going to think I'm the biggest creep..

Thanks for you help

She was mildly interested until she found out how old you are.

I wouldn't contact her, if I were you.

Quote Originally Posted by namemyname View Post
    She was mildly interested until she found out how old you are.

I wouldn't contact her, if I were you.
    she doesn't know how old I am. She asked me but I never told her

Quote Originally Posted by cleancoupe View Post
    she doesn't know how old I am. She asked me but I never told her
    Gotcha - I read that wrong.

Still, she's not interested. If she gave you the number of the restaurant she was working at, she's not interested.

Call her at the restaraunt and ask her out on a date. You're not rejected until she turns down your request to take her out. I don't see why giving you her work number makes it that's she's not interested? Cripes stupid way to show it if she isn't... how does she know you're not a nut and will be harassing her everyday while she's working?

Good for you for being confident and outgoing. Keep being confident like that and you'll do well more likely then not.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Call her at the restaraunt and ask her out on a date. You're not rejected until she turns down your request to take her out. I don't see why giving you her work number makes it that's she's not interested? Cripes stupid way to show it if she isn't... how does she know you're not a nut and will be harassing her everyday while she's working?

Good for you for being confident and outgoing. Keep being confident like that and you'll do well more likely then not.
    Yea I think I will be giving the restaurant a call and speak with her and thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    She works in the service industry, and works for tips. She didn't want to alienate the OP, by rejecting him at her work. It takes one unhappy customer to tell others, and so on, and so on. Harass her? Hard to do in the middle of a restaurant, don't you think?

The fact she gave him her work number was a total blow-off. She was being polite, hospitable, yet rejecting, all in the same swoop.

Well, I guess If I thought it would be hard to do, I wouldn't have mentioned that, if he was a nut, he could very well go back and harass her there or after she leaves.

If she did what you suggest then I say she's a silly ass and he should forget her for that reason.

Anyway, OP here's my suggestion: Ask her out, if she tells you "no" then you'll know for sure, from her instead of on bs guesses from us. :o) If she says "no" then no pain, no gain..(plus hopefully, you'll teach her to use more direct brushoff techniques (if that's what she was attempting) if she's doing what ^^^ suggest.

Don't let rejection stop you from trying. Rejection is just a lost opportunity. Her lost opportunity, not yours is the attitude you should keep.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 10-07-13 at 12:34 PM. Reason: added
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

She works in the service industry, and works for tips. She didn't want to alienate the OP, by rejecting him at her work. It takes one unhappy customer to tell others, and so on, and so on. Harass her? Hard to do in the middle of a restaurant, don't you think?

The fact she gave him her work number was a total blow-off. She was being polite, hospitable, yet rejecting, all in the same swoop.
    She wasn't our server though

OP just call her and ask her out. You have nothing to lose and its worth a shot best of luck
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

I wouldn't call the restaurant, ask whoever picks up for the server you're after, then ask her out there. Personally I like doing stuff like that, especially if it's a random person like this, face to face once you have a good laugh or get the conversation at a high point and then pop the question right then and there. That way, they can't really hide behind the vale of a phone and they can take you that much more seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by cleancoupe View Post
    She wasn't our server though
    No, I get that. BUT, you are a customer of the restaurant, and she therefore doesn't want to cause ill-will. It's a PR issue.

I'm assuming you've never worked in a restaurant, because if you did, you would know that servers are not allowed to take calls on the mainline at the hostess station in the middle of their shift. Her giving you the restaurants main number was a blow-off.

If you asked her if you could see her again sometime, and she said, "sure - come by the restaurant", I hope you would see that as a gentle rejection, because the phone thing was no different.

I'm assuming you've never worked in a restaurant, because if you did, you would know that servers are not allowed to take calls on the mainline at the hostess station in the middle of their shift.
    That may have been where you worked but i have a very good friend who is a server and I call her and they'll get her if it's quiet. If it's not, they'll take a message and she'll call me when she's on her break.

I hate to keep being contrary, name but what you're saying isn't correct across the board.

OP: Just go back to the restaurant and laugh about the number she gave you and then say something simple like, Hey did you want to go get a drink somewhere else when your shift ends (or coffeee or anything) If she says no then, well then you know for sure and you can chuck this one off your "to do" list
    Last edited by Wakeup; 11-07-13 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by juraiknight View Post
    I wouldn't call the restaurant, ask whoever picks up for the server you're after, then ask her out there. Personally I like doing stuff like that, especially if it's a random person like this, face to face once you have a good laugh or get the conversation at a high point and then pop the question right then and there. That way, they can't really hide behind the vale of a phone and they can take you that much more seriously.
    What he said. ^^^^

This has some truth to it. I've given out wrong numbers to guys at work, because I thought telling them "no" would risk me not getting a better tip. I know it's shallow, but hey it's life, and let's face it, the economy sucks, lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast