+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Insecure because i'm not pretty(pictures)?

Quote Originally Posted by plainjane. View Post
    If I'm pretty then why can't I get a boyfriend? Girls tell me I'm pretty but guys never do, why is that? I want a boyfriend so bad and it makes me miserable to see all my friends constantly in relationships while I'm just single on the sidelines.

My best friend JUST broke up with her boyfriend and she already has like 3 other guys she's flirting/texting with and has already kissed one of them! Everyone tells me I'm so much prettier than her, but I must not be since I've been single for so long. Nothing ever works out. I'll start liking a guy but it always goes nowhere. I'm almost 18 years old so don't tell me I'm too young, because I've been waiting around long enough.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm not desperate I'm just getting to a point where being single isn't making me happy anymore. I know I'm not desperate, because one thing that differs me from my best friend is that my standards are so much higher than hers. I don't want to settle for a loser, but I just wish I could find the right guy and give the right vibes because apparently I don't.
    You are a pretty girl, I'll give you that, but looks aren't everything. Pay attention to your personality as much as you do your looks, and you'll be fine. You shouldn't want a man to make you feel good about yourself. If you're single, it's for a reason, just be patient, yours will come along. And having high standards is good! Don't ever settle for someone simply because you are lonely, it's a trap! Patience is a virtue my dear, and when the time is right, someone perfect in your eyes, will come along. It won't last forever, but maybe you'll get your first love experience out of it. Good those come to those who wait.

Also, being attractive doesn't mean that you will have a boyfriend or have guys constantly all over you(of course they do check you out). But It may not be your season or timing. I don't have a boyfriend right now and I haven't been going on a lot of dates. I have someone who I deal with at times but he is about to be out the pic. *rolling eyes* I'm sure I could but I'm selective and now I'm at the place in life where if I don't like you or you don't fit into what I'm looking for, I'm not even gonna waste my time. I'd rather be making money or sitting at home chillin' or something then to be with unwanted company just to get attention. So its not about being attractive all the time even though it is an advantage, along with personality so Take this time to focus on yourself. You're pretty so I'm sure your looks have nothing to do with it. Sometimes it just aint the right timing.

You look pretty to me, there is a picture thread in the funny pics videos section in the lower forum you could have posted your images too. Don't worry about BF's having just let go of mine in a romantic way, I am in no hurry to re attach myself to anyone anytime soon. Sometimes it is better to be happy with you and then attract the best mate for yourself. Don't worry about what your friends do, be yourself.
    “The one you love and the one who loves you are never, ever the same person.”

Don't worry you're pretty, I would date a girl like you in a heartbeat

Smooth yung, very smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    Fixed for accuracy.
    It's a good thing you aren't an editor for a living; you're terrible at it.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

The yellow shirt in the second picture has the words "eu you!" What is that suppose to mean?

At times, don’t get me wrong, i think I’m a bit decent looking. But overall i think I’m so unattractive.. i’m not fishing for compliments. They are so many stunning girls, i can’t even compare.

Thanks starnique, anonynmous,yungcertfied and sadbunnyface that made me feel better. I've had a boyfriend before though, just not for a year now.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungCosmo View Post
    It's too bad you aren't an editor for a living; you're awesome at it.
    Fixed for accuracy AGAIN.

Gosh what an attention seeker.

Quote Originally Posted by plainjane. View Post
    At times, don’t get me wrong, i think I’m a bit decent looking. But overall i think I’m so unattractive.. i’m not fishing for compliments. They are so many stunning girls, i can’t even compare.

Thanks starnique, anonynmous,yungcertfied and sadbunnyface that made me feel better. I've had a boyfriend before though, just not for a year now.
    Yeah, once one has gone a year without being in a relationship (involuntarily), it gets one to feeling exactly as you are. Trust me; going on 8 years now.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

You are pretty and you blatantly know it

I think she's serious. Being single unwillingly for a long period of time causes one to suffer horribly from low self esteem. It's easier for girls, though. Way easier.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungCosmo View Post
    I think she's serious. Being single unwillingly for a long period of time causes one to suffer horribly from low self esteem. It's easier for girls, though. Way easier.
    Finally someone that understands. But believe me it's not that much easier for girls.

I am not attention seeking I just want people's general opinions.You people don't know me I am a very shy girl !!!!!!!!!!!!

I have really low self esteem and I have many of the symptoms (I looked online). It's gotten really bad so far this summer.Every small thing pisses me off so much and i hate seeing myself in the mirror..i act really different in my mind compared to the way i act outside my room and i beat myself up in my mind everyday....

Are you happy now guys?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast