+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Insecure because i'm not pretty(pictures)?

It doesn't scare me. I'd love it!
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

Quote Originally Posted by UnderTheMoon View Post
    When a woman is beautiful she is intimidating to men. I find myself in that boat often. SO what you do, you flash a smile, warm up the welcome mat, and shoo away any dogs that shamelessly come walking your way and make room for the intended guest.

: ) THAT is why no one talks to you.
    thank you

Youngcosmo- Err I can't have a relationship over skype can i xD i want want a bf so i can hug and kiss him, feel his touch, get my family/friends to get to know him. I talk to some guys on skype when i'm bored to past time but i wouldn't consider any of them my bf's that would just be damn weird lool....

smackie9 - hmm i don't think i'm THAT needy

Lol such gentlemen aren't you xD

hmmmmmmmmmmm ya if you have to make the effort to start an account on an advice site, ask strangers if they would hit on that, and relish in the attention.

Quote Originally Posted by plainjane. View Post
    thank you

Youngcosmo- Err I can't have a relationship over skype can i xD i want want a bf so i can hug and kiss him, feel his touch, get my family/friends to get to know him. I talk to some guys on skype when i'm bored to past time but i wouldn't consider any of them my bf's that would just be damn weird lool....

smackie9 - hmm i don't think i'm THAT needy
    Lol I was just teasing.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

It was a private kind of joke, not so much directed at you... just to clarify. Have you answered Nice's PMs ? He's been cracking up about chics not responding

bored pathetic attention seeking girl

gosh , there's lots of awful horrible people here

i just thought i'd get some advice.I wish i never made this thread now

You notice it's mostly the chickie-poos that are finding your thread to be nothing but attention seeking, Jane? That's because we can aren't dazzled by your look. We see that you are actually pretty by societies standards and are just sick of women like yourself (and men as well) who need to hear it all the time while men actually keep telling you what you phish for. We see through it all.

Now, if you're really thinking that you're ugly, then I suggest you go to a good stylist and ask for her help, get you look honed. Then get yourself a life coach so that you learn to stop whining about yourself. It's annoying and very unattractive. We've been telling YC that for ages now. Your whine is ugly, you are not.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    You notice it's mostly the chickie-poos that are finding your thread to be nothing but attention seeking, Jane? That's because we can aren't dazzled by your look. We see that you are actually pretty by societies standards and are just sick of women like yourself (and men as well) who need to hear it all the time while men actually keep telling you what you phish for. We see through it all.

Now, if you're really thinking that you're ugly, then I suggest you go to a good stylist and ask for her help, get you look honed. Then get yourself a life coach so that you learn to stop whining about yourself. It's annoying and very unattractive. We've been telling YC that for ages now. Your whine is ugly, you are not.
    I'm not dazzled by her looks. She's a pretty little girl, and while I can appreciate that in an aesthetic sort of way, it's not impressive to me as someone who's more than twice her age.

Hell, I get flirted at by young women slightly older'n her fairly often (if my wife is to be believed), and I just don't notice. Not interested, I guess. Wifey pointed one out at work to me last night - I know the young woman by sight, but for the life of me can't remember her name... but my wife said "Oh, that's so cute" and I said "What?" She said "She did that hair-flipping thing and looked over her shoulder to see if you were looking, and as she walked away, she wiggled her ass a little more."

Like I said, I can't even remember her name. Just a vapid, shallow barely-an-adult in my lexicon.

Which I suppose supports your hypothesis - I saw her post as attention-seeking.

On the other hand - and I JUST NOW thought of this:

Sometimes girls that are TOO pretty don't get dates, as the guys are too intimidated to ask 'em out. This happened to my wife... had scads of male "friends" that were constantly asking her advice about girls and dating... and none of them asked her out. Wakeup, you and I both know that those were guys that hung around her hoping that they could work up the nerve to ask her out, or that she'd spontaneously decide that "friendship" wasn't enough... but we both know that doesn't happen.

It did terrible damage to her self-esteem. She really did think she wasn't attractive - why else would she never get asked out?

I really wish I could just slap some sense into young men regarding this. Grow a friggin' pair and ASK 'em.

Perhaps we've done the OP an injustice.

Thought provoking post, HIA however: I don't think she's "too pretty" (she being OP). She's a lovely looking young woman who whines away the pretty but yes, there is no need for any cruelty.

Perhaps you just need to be more open and approachable, Jane? It's not your looks so stop with that nonsense.

Hugs no offence meant, just trying to figure out why you're having the trouble you say you're going through.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

You are cute , I want to squeeze your chubby cheeks

How about this....stop sitting there waiting for guys to approach you. It's not the 1950's, there is nothing stopping you from asking a guy out. I did it many times ( this was like 25 over years ago so it's nothing new), and had a positive response each time. Guys love a confident woman, just as much as women love confident men. So get off your ass and do something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    How about this....stop sitting there waiting for guys to approach you. It's not the 1950's,
    Its not WHAAA? But I could swear I just saw Elvis yesterday.

Sorry... was actually me.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast