+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The char amount on PMs...

The char amount on PMs...

Is there anyway that can be increased? I spend so much time trying to edit my messages down to fit the amount we are allotted, and it takes a lot of context out of my replies doing so. I know I should be a less wordy bitch, Was just wondering if it could even go up 250- 500 words?

Thanks.
    “The one you love and the one who loves you are never, ever the same person.”

Mods, love admin?

report your post and then they'll see it
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Lol, there's a good idea. I think it might be that not too many others find it a problem, so they probably figure why change it. Only means I leave my PM's to after I post instead of answering when on, because it takes me so long to cut em down to acceptable word limits.

Hello sbf,

can't imagine you can write so much in pm.. haha
    how about split them into two pm?

maybe we can even charge for upgrade of account for a small fee in future.. premium features like : bigger mailbox , pm etc. Like what other popular forums do.
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

What I wanna know is that why don't the girls on here respond to PMs.I won't bite.

^^^^ lols... maybe they dont like the look of you..haha. Jks... Maybe dont stalk them
    Its not a dating website

Quote Originally Posted by Nice View Post
    What I wanna know is that why don't the girls on here respond to PMs.I won't bite.
    Because this isn't a dating site?

Whats the point of PMs then.I know it's not a dating site and its not like i sent them a flirty message or anything.

The point of a PM is to send a Private Message to someone on the forum - something you don't want posted on the open forums. Personally I've never had a PM go unanswered, but there have been a few I haven't answered. I feel no obligation to answer a tool.

Why do you feel they're obligated to answer you?

Quote Originally Posted by loveadmin View Post
    Hello sbf,

can't imagine you can write so much in pm.. haha
    how about split them into two pm?

maybe we can even charge for upgrade of account for a small fee in future.. premium features like : bigger mailbox , pm etc. Like what other popular forums do.
    Hehe, love admin. I did say I am a wordy bitch I did split that last one I sent up into two though. But problem for me is I have to keep staring at the Pm's and whittle em down and it causes me headaches, actual ones. I could get behind a small fee, or even better dump the chat box, lawls and free up server space for other things to work wonderfully? I am almost always 500 plus over each PM I write. And I try to abbreviate words to lower it, but I don't like text speak so.... I have to re write each PM several times over.

Thank you for replying.

Quote Originally Posted by Nice View Post
    To make it clear his has never sent ME Pm's lol. I don't know why they don't reply, Nice. Maybe they do not even know they have a PM from you because their Notification button isn't showing inbox PM's. Let them know on their threads, type a post to whomever saying sent you a PM etc. Some people also do not like writing private messages especially when new on a forum and just shared a personal problem.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    I feel no obligation to answer a tool.
    lol