+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying your GF etc womanly items Y/N?

Buying your GF etc womanly items Y/N?

Only asking because my roommates BF wouldn't buy her pads/tampons, said No wai too embarrassing, lol. Only two guys ever went to buy me anything like that, even midol etc was my dad, he would get stuff for mom and myself and my sister, awws and my best male friend who happens to be gay. Neither of them were embarrassed, I never had a BF buy that sort of stuff for em either, lol.

Guys..why? Is it embarrassing? Shop girl won't think you are using it, and will clearly know you are being a good BF, brother, dad or what have you.

Girls, did your BF, husband ever do that task for you?

I would buy condoms and mens deo and lots of stuff for my BFs. If they wanted me to buy a jock strap, whatever I would buy it, and never be embarrassed.
    “The one you love and the one who loves you are never, ever the same person.”

My bf never has, because I've never asked, but I know he would

I think it's more like he does not know what to buy, since there's such a huge choice. If you tell your boyfriend exactly which -exact- item is it that you want him to buy, he'll buy it for you, assuming he does not know at this point, which of the many is the one that you need.

I, personally see no problem with that though.

Try to test if he would next time you are out of them? I don't know why guys are so squirmy over our period items, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Archie View Post
    I think it's more like he does not know what to buy, since there's such a huge choice. If you tell your boyfriend exactly which -exact- item is it that you want him to buy, he'll buy it for you, assuming he does not know at this point, which of the many is the one that you need.

I, personally see no problem with that though.
    I think she did tell him exactly, brand and type she sues and he didn't want the duty lol and complained on it for awhile. I was out too but she actually had her period and he was about to drive over to our place, so she figured, hey would ya and he wouldn't. I went and got them instead for her.

Good on you, Archie.

This have me thinking, what do girls use before the invention of tampons?

Quote Originally Posted by Empty Road View Post
    I don't want to know! lol

My husband gets more embarrassed by the amount of chocolate he has to buy me in any given week than he would ever get about buying me tampons

I once saw a woman in a bookstore buying a Playboy magazine for her husband. She had to explain it to the cashier it's really not for her. lol Not sure if it's for him or not but I chuckled.

Quote Originally Posted by sadbunnyface View Post
    Only asking because my roommates BF wouldn't buy her pads/tampons, said No wai too embarrassing, lol. Only two guys ever went to buy me anything like that, even midol etc was my dad, he would get stuff for mom and myself and my sister, awws and my best male friend who happens to be gay. Neither of them were embarrassed, I never had a BF buy that sort of stuff for em either, lol.

Guys..why? Is it embarrassing? Shop girl won't think you are using it, and will clearly know you are being a good BF, brother, dad or what have you.

Girls, did your BF, husband ever do that task for you?

I would buy condoms and mens deo and lots of stuff for my BFs. If they wanted me to buy a jock strap, whatever I would buy it, and never be embarrassed.
    OMFG... I've shopped for that sort of thing for my exes and my wife several times.

Once a friend of ours was at the register and she looked askance at me... I said "If I'd kill people for hurting her, I should damn sure be able to buy her these without qualm."

True, too.

The only time a guy will quail at this task is if he's insecure. I mean c'mon - if he's buying tampons or pads, they're OBVIOUSLY not for him... which means they're OBVIOUSLY for his S/O... which means he's in a stable/secure relationship. OBVIOUSLY.

Duh.

i'm not so much embarrassed as i am ignorant because i don't know anything about womanly stuff its better to just leave it to the pro.. i.e. you lol
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
    - Jimi Hendrix

http://inspiringlovequotes.net

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    i'm not so much embarrassed as i am ignorant because i don't know anything about womanly stuff its better to just leave it to the pro.. i.e. you lol
    Well yeah, that part sucks... but sometimes it's just necessary. I get that it's poor planning that got here there, but whaddyagonnado? I just make her write down EXACTLY what she wants... and we both have cell phones.

I have sent my ex and my brother to get it. Of course they dont get the right product. However, if he has a cell he can call me but thats very slim I will ask unless it's an emergency. I normally like to get my own stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Empty Road View Post
    We bled all over ourselves and everything around us lol kinda like I do now....

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    OMFG... I've shopped for that sort of thing for my exes and my wife several times.

Once a friend of ours was at the register and she looked askance at me... I said "If I'd kill people for hurting her, I should damn sure be able to buy her these without qualm."

True, too.

The only time a guy will quail at this task is if he's insecure. I mean c'mon - if he's buying tampons or pads, they're OBVIOUSLY not for him... which means they're OBVIOUSLY for his S/O... which means he's in a stable/secure relationship. OBVIOUSLY.

Duh.
    Yays! Good for you. Others take note. Even if you get the wrong thing and it is still useable she'll use it because was her own fault for not giving specifics to the guy.

Exactly not one female cashier will think hahahha this dude likes to wear pads, what a kink freak

Nice on the " if I'd kill people for hurting her, I should damn sure be able to buy her these without qualm"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast