+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Do You Believe In Fate?

Do You Believe In Fate?

Does anyone here believe in fate? Or is everything just a coincidence? Do you get signs to tell you things are going to happen? I often have dreams that certain situations take place and the same situation will really take place within a few days. I also have a crush on this guy friend of mine but I already have a boyfriend. Anyway I have wondered whether I am with the wrong guy for many reasons... as this other guy and I have a lot in common and get along really well. One day I was walking through the city and he suddenly popped into my head. I really wanted to see him and then this song came on that is about being with the person you really love. This song is a song i really like and have related to this situation but I don't have the guts to do anything about it. Then I thought how it would be such a perfect soapie moment if he came walking towards me at that moment with that song playing. Well he didnt but I went and sat on this bench just nearby where I was when the song was playing and he came walking towards me. I actually said 'oh my god' out loud to myself, because it was like I had known that I was going to see him and that it was some sort of a sign. What do you think is this a sign or coincidental? Have you had any experiences with fate? Do you think it has to do with connections between people?

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    personally i feel when you want something that you don't have, more so when in seek of a relationship, you will look for things that tell you want you want to hear. take this song for instance, you think that it's relating to you because you want something that you don't have. like how the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

i would say that if you want to take a chance on this new guy, that is fine, however, just break up your current relationship first.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Fate is a poor way of rationalizing something that is without reason.

If you're wondering if you're with the wrong person, don't give "fate" credit for it.

You see somebody you think you like more, it's a simple as that.

I believe in cause and effect but not fate..nothing determined way earily. Just coincedence do to one reason that came before which happened because of another reason ..which happened because of another reason..for ever this goes on.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Whether or not anything is a sign depends on how far you're willing to stretch your imagination to make the circumstances fit what you want to see come to pass.

Tone Guest
    Yeah, I'm sure there are tons of signs of whatever you want going on everyday, it's just a matter of looking for them or not.

I use to be a believer though. Back when I was 16, before I ever had a serious relationship, there was an absolutely gorgeous girl that lived down the block from me who I knew was interested in me (her little brother told me). She would watch us play basketball from her house... so I started talking to her and one night while looking at her house from my window while listening to "When a Man Loves a Woman" on the radio I told myself if the next song is "Unchained Melody" then I should ask her out, cause we were "meant to be". Sure enough, next song was Unchained Melody and I just got the chills and freaked out. Asked her out, first relationship went great for 11 months. :)

Breakup sucked though lol :P

Wooo. Creepy, Tone. During my drugging days, I used to enjoy what happened to me everytime I got high. EVERYTHING that happened meant something else. I would spend hours reading between events, trying to suss out the hidden messages. Found out later, of course, it was just paranoia. But it was fun. Most times.

Quote Originally Posted by Tone

Breakup sucked though lol
    Yeah, but did you hear two breakup songs in a row on the radio before you broke up?
    :-D

lol. oh geez.

Tone Guest
    haha