+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does he likes me or he's just being nice?

Does he likes me or he's just being nice?

I have a guy friend. We belong in the same group of friends but we're not that close. Before he admitted that he liked me but that was 2 years ago after that incident we haven't talked that much but we hang out together with our friends. We don't communicate that much thru text messages or chat. I still remember he told me once that he's not into relationship over friends because it was awkward for him. And I was thinking maybe that's the reason why he didn't court me 2 years ago even though he liked me that time. But lately I was just wondering because he always text me unlike before. He always lean at my shoulder when we were together and he always offers to walk me at home. While we were walking he always hold my hand but doesn't tell me anything. I'm the only one in our group whom he walks home. I'm a little bit confused if he's just being nice to me or he likes me. I don't know. Can you help me guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelle View Post
    I have a guy friend. We belong in the same group of friends but we're not that close. Before he admitted that he liked me but that was 2 years ago after that incident we haven't talked that much but we hang out together with our friends. We don't communicate that much thru text messages or chat. I still remember he told me once that he's not into relationship over friends because it was awkward for him. And I was thinking maybe that's the reason why he didn't court me 2 years ago even though he liked me that time. But lately I was just wondering because he always text me unlike before. He always lean at my shoulder when we were together and he always offers to walk me at home. While we were walking he always hold my hand but doesn't tell me anything. I'm the only one in our group whom he walks home. I'm a little bit confused if he's just being nice to me or he likes me. I don't know. Can you help me guys?
    Sounds like there may be some interest there if he's starting to act different than before. You say he never used to text you or walk you home? And now he's starting to do these things? I would take it slow, keep oh going at a pace that he is comfortable. If he doesn't like to get involved with friends, then he may be sketchy about this, and it is very important that you make him feel like he's making the right decision. If you go all crazy and clingy on him, not only will it ruin your friendship, but it will make him realize that he was right, and never do it again. You need to show him that you are worth the trouble. So take it slow, and don't set any expectations for yourself just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous_a View Post
    Sounds like there may be some interest there if he's starting to act different than before. You say he never used to text you or walk you home? And now he's starting to do these things? I would take it slow, keep oh going at a pace that he is comfortable. If he doesn't like to get involved with friends, then he may be sketchy about this, and it is very important that you make him feel like he's making the right decision. If you go all crazy and clingy on him, not only will it ruin your friendship, but it will make him realize that he was right, and never do it again. You need to show him that you are worth the trouble. So take it slow, and don't set any expectations for yourself just yet.

Oh thank you for that wonderful advice! I guess you are right. Somebody asked him if there's any chance that we can be together you know as couple but he answered "She's going to leave" because I was planning to move in to other country. I was really upset when I heard it. I don't know if he was trying to keep playing safe with his answer or he doesn't want me to leave so we can be together. He even told to my friends when he was drunk that He's the only one I need.

Oh thank you for that wonderful advice! I guess you are right. Somebody asked him if there's any chance that we can be together you know as couple but he answered "She's going to leave" because I was planning to move in to other country. I was really upset when I heard it. I don't know if he was trying to keep playing safe with his answer or he doesn't want me to leave so we can be together. He even told to my friends when he was drunk that He's the only one I need.
    Are you still planning to leave? If so, you need to be honest and upfront with him, and let him know that yes, you are interested, but he needs to know that it cannot be long term, because you are leaving. This will then give him a choice to make; a) stick it out with you and have some fun until you leave or b) say f*ck it and not bother going through the trouble.

Are you still planning to leave? If so, you need to be honest and upfront with him, and let him know that yes, you are interested, but he needs to know that it cannot be long term, because you are leaving. This will then give him a choice to make; a) stick it out with you and have some fun until you leave or b) say f*ck it and not bother going through the trouble.
    Yes I'm still planning to leave. I told him about it and he always ask me when. I think maybe next month I'll be leaving already. And that's the reason why I want to know if he likes me as more than a friend but I have no courage to tell him how I feel, I was really afraid of rejection, or worst ruin our friendship

Yes I'm still planning to leave. I told him about it and he always ask me when. I think maybe next month I'll be leaving already. And that's the reason why I want to know if he likes me as more than a friend but I have no courage to tell him how I feel, I was really afraid of rejection, or worst ruin our friendship
    If you're leaving in a month, then there is no point in spilling your guts, leave it at a good freindship and that's it! You'll be happier leaving with a friend, than you would leaving with a broken heart.

If you're leaving in a month, then there is no point in spilling your guts, leave it at a good freindship and that's it! You'll be happier leaving with a friend, than you would leaving with a broken heart.
    You are absolutely right! I got your point. I don't want to leave with any broken pieces inside me but at some point I just don't want to have any regrets and wondering what might have been. Well, I guess I have to enjoy every single moment while I'm still here with him then go on with my life after I leave the country. Anyway, thank you for your advice! I really appreciate it.

You are absolutely right! I got your point. I don't want to leave with any broken pieces inside me but at some point I just don't want to have any regrets and wondering what might have been. Well, I guess I have to enjoy every single moment while I'm still here with him then go on with my life after I leave the country. Anyway, thank you for your advice! I really appreciate it.
    No problem.

his stance has changed and he's now decided to court you. maybe because he's liked u for a while
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
    - Jimi Hendrix

http://inspiringlovequotes.net

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    his stance has changed and he's now decided to court you. maybe because he's liked u for a while
    Hmmm he's not courting me. He doesn't tell me anything about his feelings that's why I'm so confused right now. I don't know if he did all those things because he was being nice as a friend or likes me more than a friend.