Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gay Marriage

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Gay Marriage

So, what do you guys think?

What do you think of gays and lesbians?

What do you think of gays marrying gays?

And for some of you, what do you think of the idea of the bonding of two gays being called marriage?

(Censored for your viewing pleasure.)
    Last edited by Junket; 06-07-05 at 10:34 PM.

Its the least of my worries.
    *MaJiK*

There are not many things I fear in life, but disappointing you is my greatest.

I love you even with your flaws... I love you because of your flaws.

They are threatening the sanctity of my marriage vows! Stop them! AAAGGHGHHH!!
    (Just kidding - I am in favor of equal rights for all tax-paying member of society, and I don't care what they call it.)

Fras, I think your questions couldn't possibly be more homophobic.

As long as they dont touch me its fine and I dont care.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by whaywardj
    How are they homophobic?

if they aren't hurting anybody then i could really give one rats booty what they do. i think there are much more important things to worry ourselves with than whether it's right or wrong for people of the same sex to be together. it's been happening since the dawn of man, and i doubt anything will stop it.

why the powers that be want to ban it in the constitution is ludicrous. unnecessary and ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee
    So, what do you guys think?

What do you think of homosexuals?

What do you think of homos marrying homos?

And for some of you, what do you think of the idea of the pair bonding of two homosexuals being called marriage?
    How homophobic?

Question one generalizes a class of individuals out of all recognition.

Question two employs the archaic and (now considered disparaging) word "homo" instead of the more generally used and PC "gay."

Question three italicizes the word "called," implying that gays don't rate being married, but can be allowed to "pair bond."

Altogether, they convey the clear impression that you keep your distance from gays and the gay community; ignore the fact that gays are also individuals; and suggest that gays, as a class, aren't people, but only curious objects.

Well, I don't wonder when soon homosexuals can have a legal child...

Did you know that many homosexuals actually want to sleep with people who have HIV? A gay man in television, who has AIDS, actually told it.

I can imagine a future city, all kinds of people, wearing latex, mans wearing woimen clothes, rings, lingeries etc. Or there will be big homosexual ghettos.

But well, homosexuals have always been. There are even gay animals. And actually there were homosexualistic civilizations btw. In the Hamurap age, there were even mass homosexual orgies.
    People were much cruler actually. Just a few centuries ago, there was a little kingdom in Abessinia where people were incredibly cruel. People cut raw meat from alive animals and king spend his time by making his prisoners blind in many ways.

It also reminds me that there was a paradise island near Africa, not too much time ago. There were only women and when a man sailed there, then he had an orgy with women and after that, he was killed in cold blood. This is not a rumour btw, you could even find some information about it via google. I just don't remember the proper search names.

But I think that marriage was actually ment to be something holy. Marriage is religious btw. This paper signing is not marriage, it is just registering and I can't see the difference if gays just live together or they are registered together and they live together.
    But gay marriage in church, no. Although, church has been most gay place in middle ages, no, all the time. That is the place where boy molestating and raping comes from.
    Last edited by boobaa; 06-07-05 at 07:13 PM.
    Don't expect anything.

*laughs* agreed. And whatever.. doesn't phase me in the least, I'm too busy worrying about my own shit to be concerned with anyone else's.

Quote Originally Posted by boobaa
    But I think that marriage was actually ment to be something holy. Marriage is religious btw. This paper signing is not marriage, it is just registering and I can't see the difference if gays just live together or they are registered together and they live together.
    But gay marriage in church, no. Although, church has been most gay place in middle ages, no, all the time. That is the place where boy molestating and raping comes from.
    I don't care if individiual churches choose to deny homosexuals a marriage ritual (and by the way, Booba, not all churches/religious denominations reject homosexual marriage). I object to government-sanctioned discrimination because they are supposed to be ensuring equal rights for citizens, not restricting them.

And I don't think Frasbee meant to be offensive - I think he is simply using the vernacular of his generation, although to PC ears, it may sound distancing.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    How homophobic?

Question one generalizes a class of individuals out of all recognition.

Question two employs the archaic and (now considered disparaging) word "homo" instead of the more generally used and PC "gay."

Question three italicizes the word "called," implying that gays don't rate being married, but can be allowed to "pair bond."

Altogether, they convey the clear impression that you keep your distance from gays and the gay community; ignore the fact that gays are also individuals; and suggest that gays, as a class, aren't people, but only curious objects.
    Funny, I thought I was being more politically correct by using homosexual, cause I thought it more properly covered both gays (being male) and lesbians (being female).

Secondly I called it "pair bonding" because I didn't want to sound redundant, also many people find the joining of two gays too blasphemous for the use of the word, marriage.

Altogether I suppose to an individual such as yourself who would nitpick about such things would assume I "keep my distance" which is entirely untrue would come up with the silly assumptions that I "ignore the fact that gays are also individuals" and "curious objects" (where the hell did you get that from?).

All in all I think you looked way too deeply into what I said.

But because some of you are obviously way too easily offended I'll censor it for you all.

Poor Frasbee - so much under attack these days!
    Tell us, Frasbee, what is YOUR opinion?

Did you also know, Boobaa, that in Ancient Greece, Plato's nickname was "Old Golden Thighs"? Moreover, he's alleged to have often gotten drunk and walked around Athens breaking of the penis's from statues of Priapus, presumably to use them as dildos.

Fras, replace the word "homosexual" with the "n" word in your original survey post and I think you'll see how it comes across.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast