+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trying too hard to be special when one is actually mediocre..

Trying too hard to be special when one is actually mediocre..

I realize I suck at absolutely everything now. I have no useful talent. I know for sure now I'll live to be 80 or 90 and in all the time between, I won't ever get to find a nice girl, not even get to have sex. After thinking it over, I've decided to start going to church. Will faith help?

Most of you are so lucky; you got to be normal. I'd kill to be normal.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

As an atheist, I doubt faith will help. But you might meet a nice girl at the church
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Faith might help with inner peace and all that shit but what I really need is a girlfriend. Or to get laid. Lol. And lmfao, yeah, that would be cool but I'm not going to get my hopes up.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

On a previous board, there was a virgin forum where a couple of 'waiting till marriage' girls would post. I didn't see them getting any inner peace from their religion - all I saw was angst because no guy was interested and a "why did God ask this of me?" attitude. Oh, and hate for all the girls who did have sex.
    Hopefully it will work better for you.

Do you believe in God? (not going to debate God's existence - I respect your belief if you do) Just wondering if church may help you find the comfort you want.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I just noticed your title. Being 'special' is a Gen Y and Z thing. Too many kids raised to think they are something special ....and they actually grow up thinking they ARE special.

No, you're not special - and neither is 99.99% of the other people out there. The only people I think are special are those who contribute significantly to the welfare of others with no expectation of financial gain.

At least I'm not deluded about it. Same can't be said for most of those kids.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungCosmo View Post
    At least I'm not deluded about it. Same can't be said for most of those kids.
    Ah, but you buy into it. Otherwise, you wouldn't want to BE special

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    On a previous board, there was a virgin forum where a couple of 'waiting till marriage' girls would post. I didn't see them getting any inner peace from their religion - all I saw was angst because no guy was interested and a "why did God ask this of me?" attitude. Oh, and hate for all the girls who did have sex.
    Hopefully it will work better for you.

Do you believe in God? (not going to debate God's existence - I respect your belief if you do) Just wondering if church may help you find the comfort you want.
    Yeah, but they still have some reasonable expectation of finding someone. I don't. God is a complicated issue for me. I'm exploring Buddhism and thinking about going to church.

Sure, they have expectations - but not because they are anything special. They simply get out there with friends and meet people. The more you do the same, the easier it will get.

I think Buddhism could really work for you. You seem to be one who would appreciate an analytical approach rather than a faith based approach

I think Buddhism would work. I thought about Hinduism but from what I read, they aren't big on Western proselytes. What I liked about Zen Buddhism from my readings is how not oblique some of the readings were. Most were very practical and insightful and offered a lot of guidance with room for personal reflection and inference, unlike the Bible which has a ton of questions and no real answers. Plus, Buddhism says explicitly that being a Buddhist isn't a matter of saying one is but through action. It's hard to explain but it seems like Buddhism doesn't allow for the kind of hypocrites that Western religions tend to have all over the place.

I realize I suck at absolutely everything now. I have no useful talent. I know for sure now I'll live to be 80 or 90 and in all the time between, I won't ever get to find a nice girl, not even get to have sex. After thinking it over, I've decided to start going to church. Will faith help?

Most of you are so lucky; you got to be normal. I'd kill to be normal.
    actually, church is a great place to meet like-minded girls.

I remember asking about using church even partially as a social outlet. What's your take on it?

Go to church, pretend to be a fanatic and you might meet a girl who is into religious fanatics.
    Don't forget to whip yourself with chains after you commit any kind of sins, otherwise God will not forgive, nor will the girl

I remember asking about using church even partially as a social outlet. What's your take on it?
    My take? When I went to church as a lad, I got lots of female action from girls my age in the church. Be prepared that they may not put out... but don't count on it, heheheh...

Dress well for church. The old ZZ Top song "Sharp Dressed Man" isn't wrong.

DON'T go there just to meet women. Go to go. My opinion - discard all the window dressing and concentrate on the idea that God is ever-present for ALL of us, whether they've heard of "Christianity" or not. God doesn't care what name you call he/she/it, or care the manner in which you worship... or even that you DO worship, just that you believe. ALL religions on this tiny blue marble orbiting our sun are full of half-truths and supposition, tainted by the cultures that spawned them.

I've had an epiphany in the last couple of months. God put my feet on the path to get me together with my wife, and God put her feet on that path too. There are too many coincidences to discount. I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Archie View Post
    Go to church, pretend to be a fanatic and you might meet a girl who is into religious fanatics.
    Don't forget to whip yourself with chains after you commit any kind of sins, otherwise God will not forgive, nor will the girl
    Fuc ktard .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast