+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I hate my stuttering problem

I hate my stuttering problem

It happens when i want to add to a conversation, but my words aren't coming out, and i just get stuck.

It makes me not want to contribute sometimes, because of how it'll sound like.

I got laughed at from a female today, which wasn't fun, her friend excused her, as she saw how it looked mean.

I stopped communication for a bit, it is embarrassing, but mainly happens when i am speaking in Polish, and rarely in English.

P.S. i was quite tired today, and drank 1 bottle of beer, not sure if that made it worse.
    It makes me look nervous, and lack confidence, which really sucks with a first impression.
    Last edited by Kromat83; 13-07-13 at 02:04 PM.

I feel ya, Kro. Same problem. I don't remember how I (mostly) worked myself out of it. There are tons of resources easily available which is the good news!
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Try getting some speech therapy.

And that girl? She's a brat. Stay away.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

A LOT of people have stuttering problem. I had a friend who could never speak without stuttering. He went Netherlands to study. When he came back, his self-confidence improved and he stopped stuttering as well. I guess, you just need to take more risks, do things that will help your self-confidence and as mentioned before, try speech therapy.