+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am i in the wrong? (long post)

tut is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

Am i in the wrong? (long post)

Hi im 100% new to this forum i just want to know if i am in the wrong here.

it was our prom last night and me and my girlfriend (of 3months, however i have known her all my life) had discussed this greatly and decided to be with each other through out it. during the start of the prom i was with her a great deal and immediately noticed that she did not seem particularly interested in talking, i was fine with this and assumed she wanted to be with her other friends, which again i had no problem with.
    the prom went on and we didnt really see much of each other, i attempted convosation mutiple times however within 30 seconds she said she had to go somewhere. my friends were with their girlfriends, and their girlfriends were coming to them to talk ect (this is important, as i assumed mine would do the same)

i left the prom early with mates as i saw no point in being there if she wasnt going to talk. i said bye to her and she seems fine with me leaving. about 30 minutes later i recieved a text from her complaining that i left, and saying how she had made a big effort to look nice ect, (i had complemented her mutiple times throughout the evening on this), she was basically furious at me becuase "we could of had a great night" and explained how i didnt make an effort to be with her. I feel that i really had, and i felt upset how she had not seemed interested at all, nor does she often complement me, nor start convosations. she expects me to do everything, all the talking, everything, which i am willing to do, but i need some kind of reaction from her, such as interest in me, if you see what i mean.

sorry for the long post, i have been thinking about this a lot.

talk to her, speak up and tell her how you feel.
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

ask her out man!!!

You need to straight up, tell her how you feel. Even apologize for leaving, BUT explain why you did. "I'm sorry I left, I didn't mean to make you feel that way, but... This is how I'M feeling..." and if she can't see it from your point of view then she doesn't deserve you.

Exactly. From your point of view it sounds like it was completely her fault. You need to just tell her everything you've told us.