+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does he even care?

Does he even care?

I understand that this sounds like a typical problem but its really getting me down. I am half egyptian and as many of you know there is a lot of trouble going on over in Egypt. The situation has left me fearing my families lives as I sit here in the UK and theres nothing I can do. I have explained how I am feeling in detail to my boyfriend of 3 months, but yesterday he received bad news himself that his dog is dying. I had no idea of this news as he didnt speak to me all day, I tried ringing him and texting him but nothing! So I got pissed off and got mad, then he finally replied (with no kisses and obviously upset with me) about the news. I then became really supportive and tried to comfort him and he was just cold with me. Later on I rang him and he yelled at me and told me that he wanted to be alone and didnt want to speak to me. But he knows how constantly worried I am about my family and I need him even if he doesnt want me.
    Our relationship has been good so far, apart from he does ignore me a lot. He even admits that he doesnt think about me as much as he should. I mean he told me he would come round and see me and ive sat in the house for hours waiting and calling him (with no answer) and when I did finally get hold of him he'd get mad at me for being pissed off. (this has happened 3 times) I just don't think he cares.

Dude, it's his DOG. That's a pretty big deal for some people. Your family may be at risk and that is awful - but his kid is dying! Actually dying! Not "at risk", but really, truly dying. As someone who also loves their dog, I would be devastated to be him right now. I think you should probably cut him some slack. If he needs to be alone, let him be. He's grieving for a passing friend.

My thoughts are with him.....and you too.

I think you should break up with him.. not over this new issue but over the rest that you mentioned. It sounds like you are putting way more effort in than he is and that is not good enough
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Well, as someone who has been married for many years to a partner with whom we are both still very connected, it's times like this that he should want you there to help him through the loss of his dog. He doesn't want you there and that in itself is very telling as to how little he values you as a mate.

Think hard on whether you want to keep trying with someone who doesn't allow himself to be vulnerable around you.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

sound's like he's not as into the relationship as you are. and you're both distracted with your individual family matters right now. u seem to need someone way more sentimental and supportive and he's just not that type. no knock on him but his personality doesnt match what you need right now
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
    - Jimi Hendrix

http://inspiringlovequotes.net

i agree. if you dont pull each other closer during the bad times-its doomed.. every bad patch is a test to your relationship. everytime someone close dies, family issues, work issues, new baby etc etc your either gonna sink or swimand it shows how strong you really are as a couple.. do you pull each other closer or tear each other apart? if its the latter-you dont work well together as a team

hes pushing you away now coz his dog is ill-imagine ifthat was his mum? you cant be with someone who keeps you at arms lenght when the going gets tough
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".