+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I really need help figuring everything out

I really need help figuring everything out

My ex broke up with me 2 months ago and I still am at the point where I miss her everyday. She is starting to move on and has begun trying to date other guys. Even though the one she likes is 19 and she is almost 24...not sure I get that. But, nonetheless she is moving on. Me and my ex still talk and it seems like she has pretty much put me in the friendzone. Everytime we are supposed to hang out she cancels. Even though it is mostly her idea. She told me the other day that it would just be too hard because she still loves me and always will. The thought of her being with another guy kills me and I can't help feeling like I let her down. I thought I would have her forever. We talked about it all the time. But, now she is gone. This is part of the reason why it is so hard for me to let go. It is hard to move on from somebody that you think is the one you want to marry. I don't want her as just a friend. But, I also don't want to lose her completely in my life. I have been talking to another girl, but it just is not the same to me. We have a lot in common. Probably more than my ex and I. But, I just don't feel like she is the kind of girl I want. My ex told me she would always be there for me as a friend when I want to talk. But, it is so hard to be friends with somebody that means the world to you. I would do anything to get her back. She told me before that she just doesn't see us geting back togethor. Which is hard for me to come to terms with.

Okay first of all, you need to drop this girl from your friends list. FOR REAL. The fact that she keeps making plans, then ditching, clearly shows that you are not a priority, only an option. She is keeping you around, on the back burner, in case any of her other plans fall through, she has you to lean on. I know all of this, because I've done this. I dragged my ex along for a year, until he finally had enough. I'm not proud of this, but unfortunately most women don't realize they are doing this, while they are doing this. And if you try to approach her about the situation, she WILL get defensive, and deny. All you can do is cut her off. She will be upset, she will ask what's wrong, she will ask why you are doing this. There will be no right answer. All you can say is that, it's too hard, and you can't be friends. As much as it sucks, I assure you, this will be better for you in the long run.

Dude re posting isn't going to change anything.....you will keep getting the same logical answers.

you will never get over her and never move on as long as you keep her in your life. the only way to heal is to accept its over and cut all contact with her. stop stringing the new girl along-your not ready for a new relationship so be alone for awhile. meet friends, family, focus on work, study, join a new hobby, exercise. keep busy-it just takes time
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

You need to cut off contact with her. Agreeing to all the meetups but getting cancelled by her in the end just give her the idea that you are always available and you are still not over her. If girls know that a guy wants her back very much, she will just take you for granted and will lose interest in you as well. Girls are just like that. Actually guys too. They always want something they cannot have. Anyways, you should stay away from her for a while to clear your head and figure out what you really want.
    <a href="http://www.w3schools.com">Visit W3Schools.com! </a>

yes you do