+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Starting / Continuing Unnecessary Relationships

Starting / Continuing Unnecessary Relationships

Have you rushed into something, or dragged it for an extended amounts of time, when you clearly knew it would hurt that person in the long run, and just waste time for that individual, when they could have had it to look for someone else.

We seem selfish as to what we want, when we should also think of the other person, as much as we don't like being single.

This could go for friends as well, when their influence, makes you sometimes make bad decisions, or just give you a negative mindset.

We should only pursue something new when we are ready, and continue with friends that provide an optimistic view on your life.

P.S. right now, i'm focusing on myself and a girlfriend, will have to wait for a few months or years, before it's time to search again.

I'll be selfish if i led a women on right now, and wouldn't to able to promise her something long-term if i did, so it's not worth it, even though there might be opportunities, that i'll have to pass by.

What stories do you have to share ?

I haven't. To be honest, I don't think most people are like that either.

Yeah...the girl I'm currently seeing, I like her a lot but not enough (or in the right way) to build a serious relationship. I'm not sure if she feels the same way, but she definitely thinks that I want a serious relationship with her. I don't want to break up with her, but it feels wrong to be leading her on like this. And then I have a massive crush on this other girl, who does like me but has a boyfriend, which complicates things even more :/

Also been there. I was in a three year relationship several years ago that I knew had no future. I had low self-esteem and didn't think I could find someone again, so I continued needlessly.

Talk about a mistake, we broke up, decided to simply part, no hostilities, and we still talk from time to time. Now I'm in a great relationship, and have had several others since then. That relationship was a great life lesson for me, and I won't be stuck there again.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley