+ Follow This Topic

Thread: long distance interaction/loss of interest

long distance interaction/loss of interest

I'll try and make this brief but this girl started following me on Instagram a couple months ago and at first I didn't find her too attractive. I looked into her more and although she lives far (I'm from New Jersey and she's from Nebraska) we seem to have a lot in common. I noticed she likes and comments on my pictures often so last weekend I started commenting back and she gave me her number on one of my pictures and asked to text her sometime. I did and it seemed like we started crushing on each other instantly. she confessed she'd been "ridiculously attracted to me" since she started following my Instagram and after talking she is almost too good to be true. she would text me as soon as she woke up until she fell asleep. she says she's only had one serious boyfriend that only lasted a few months and he keeps coming around but it didnt matter bc she claimed to have a crush on me now. also she said he doesn't live close to her so she doesn't often see him.

anyway things started to slow down, our texts became infrequent to no texting at all. she's 26 and I'm 27 and I understand the distance plays a giant factor but she is trying to move to the east coast, Philly to be exact, which is close to me. she says she's waiting on finding a new car then making her move. but if this is true then why the sudden loss of interest?
    is it likely maybe she went back to concentrating on her ex or is the distance affecting her. I dunno if I should try and contact her more or wait and see what she does because I don't want to be annoying.

thanks for reading and this is just causal flirting for now but I am very interested in this girl and wouldn't feel comfortable with it just going away when it started very positive. thanks

Maybe she end up feeling that she did every move for you, regardless you did nothing for her, at least you didn't have that thought. You should once contact her to know the reason.She did many first move before and not feel annoy. So you do the same now.

You are 27, why don't you grow a set and fly out to see her if she is worth the effort...if not, just carry on with meeting someone locally instead. Remember people will say things when they get excited when the relationship is new, but eventually reality sets in about the distance and they lose interest because of lack of fulfillment. The internet is a big place so it's possible she has moved onto someone else....you need to just have that talk with her about where you stand, and where this is going or it is time to part ways to pursue other options.

I agree with smackie9