+ Follow This Topic
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: I'm 17 and i had sex with a 35 year old man who I barely know?

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Interesting way to phrase the problem. If my 17 year old daughter *chose to* have sex with a 35 year old man, I would discuss it *with her*. Of course, I don't have a daughter, but I do have a very open communication with my son. I imagine if I had a daughter it would be the same. I would want her to understand her reasons for her behaviour. If she honestly felt is was a good decision, I would have to support her even if I disagreed (I would make sure she was on birth control). I certainly wouldn't make her feel bad about it. I'm a great believer in personal responsibility. It's not my job to change the behaviour of the 35 year old, but to raise my offspring to make reasonable decisions.

You can't ever really control another person, only yourself. That includes one's children once they become of the age of reason. You can guide, suggest, and lead by example but you can't ever control. Those who try that route are parenting-fails, IMO.
    I didn't ask you how you would handle it. Most mother's worth their salt would handle it the way you describe. I asked you how you'd feel about it. Forget logic for a moment.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    I didn't ask you how you would handle it. Most mother's worth their salt would handle it the way you describe. I asked you how you'd feel about it. Forget logic for a moment.
    All she has is logic, she is a idiot with no sort of sense whatsoever. Does she even have kids? That makes a diff in what you think and what you know to be true. Forget logic, this is the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    LOL, nice^. Are you really? In this case, the beginning and end of our exchange is simply this: I'm not for sale.

Bitch.
    You're worthless bitch, a hand me down thats why. You belong in a consignment shop. I'm way smarter then you in the real world. Hmmm, wow you are just so messy.
    Last edited by Starnique; 20-07-13 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dickriculous View Post
    The only thing to lol about here is you trying to re-write the post you're quoting in order to have a case against it. I didn't "prove that they weren't comparable". I said that if you can handle the former you can probably handle the latter very easily, the only thing I proved is that they are different things in spite of the fact. At no point did I bring a lack of comparability into the equation, I merely pointed out the differences.
    Semantics... Ok then, I'll rephrase: You have proved that it isn't necessarily true that a person that can go around the world can also jump or whatever, and so on. Not that any of those things can be compared to emotional processes anyway (the things you mentioned are all somehow scientifically measurable with physical/chemical precision, whereas when it comes to feelings, thoughts and emotions we aren't quite there yet).

What it dictates is that the issue is nowhere near as black and white as "in your late teens you are automatically mature enough" or "in your late teens you are automatically not mature enough".
    Fair enough. IMO, in the vast majority of cases (and the OP is no exception), a person in their late (or early) teens isn't emotionally mature and experienced enough to be able to decide whether or not to have sex with a much older person.
    Last edited by searock; 20-07-13 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Starnique View Post
    You're worthless bitch, a hand me down thats why. You belong in a consignment shop. I'm way smarter then you in the real world. Hmmm, wow you are just so messy.

Lmao.......smdh.

He looked so much better that way and less weird.
    Last edited by Starnique; 20-07-13 at 11:25 PM.

Can't change what's happened so try to move forward is all I can say.

Quote Originally Posted by devilish View Post
    Lol

Star is your beef with indie serious? lol

lalalita Guest
    This thread needs to be locked. Uhg.

I agree. Done<<<<<<

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314