+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I Propose or Not?

Should I Propose or Not?

Hey guys so I've been dating my girlfriend for 2 1/2 years now.. we been long distance for 9 months now due to her work in another country..

So few months ago we kinda had a fight on the phone and I broke up with her because of a misunderstanding and stupidly I told her that I would have propose to her when we see each other ( I told her that when i was breaking up with her) so now everything is fine and fixed.. she explained her side and now were back together and gonna see each other in August..

Few days ago she brought up engagement talk and told me that she doesn't want the ring this time she want me to prove it to her first that i changed and I'm never gonna break up with her again.

So i said OK I understand that and I told her that I returned the ring but the truth is i did not returned it and I already planned my proposal for her in Las Vegas.. I've been nice to her after that incident and I admitted that I should never have done that..

Should I still propose or not?

I'm really thinking that I should do it some other time but Las Vegas would be a very special moment for us as this is the only time we gonna go there.. HELP!

You sound too immature to get engaged. You broke up with her over a misunderstanding? You dont break up over every little argument.. when you end a relationship you should absolutely mean it!

I dont think its a good idea to get engaged while you and she are long distance. When will the long distance end? When will you be back together properly? I think you should live together for at least 6 months before you propose to be sure you are making the right decision.

I work in a cash for gold shop. You wouldn't believe the amount of women selling engagement rings who never made it to the alter.
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Thanks for your reply.. It's not just I broke up with her over a little argument.. It's a big issue between us that have been resolved now.. distance will end in a few months that's why I'm planning to propose but maybe I will just do it next time like everybody suggested..

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    You sound too immature to get engaged. You broke up with her over a misunderstanding? You don't break up over every little argument.. when you end a relationship you should absolutely mean it!

I dont think its a good idea to get engaged while you and she are long distance. When will the long distance end? When will you be back together properly? I think you should live together for at least 6 months before you propose to be sure you are making the right decision.

I work in a cash for gold shop. You wouldn't believe the amount of women selling engagement rings who never made it to the alter.

maybe you should propose living together first and see how you get on as a team when your spending time together every day before offering a ring
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".