+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Long distance jealousy issues (not that type of jealousy)

Long distance jealousy issues (not that type of jealousy)

My boyfriend and I just recently started a long distance relationship. We live 6 hours apart by drive. With our work schedule, we only visit each other (most often him coming to visit me) during long weekends. It's only been 2 months since we've been dating. A relatively new relationship. Everything is good, we're still in our "honeymoon" phases I guess. We talk everyday and skype. So the jealousy issue I have mentioned isn't regarding to him with other girls. He has been honest and I trust him with that matter.

The jealous issues I have is that because it's summer time, he is planning a lot of events and trips with his friends. Next month he is going to a concert and then he is going on a cruise for a week with his buddy. Because I don't earn as much as he does, nor do I have the same benefits (vocation days) as him, I can't afford to participate in all these events. I don't know if i should let him know because it's not his fault that I can't go. He would ask me cuz that he wants me to go even though he knows i can't. But is it something that is bothering me... I just don't know how i can deal with it on my own (me being upset or jealous will make it bad for him because I will appear upset and become less talkative). And I am not exactly happy when he is telling me all the things he planned or complaining how much he has still has to plan lol. any advice on how i should handle this??

I honestly wouldn't hold him back.. I know it will be hard but I'm sure he'll communicate with you as much as he can while on his trips.

I won't ask him not to go.. that's not fair to him. But i just dunno how to get over it. I work 6 days a week and I'm saving up money so i can visit him.