+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Advice needed!! :)

Advice needed!! :)

Hello all,

First of all, I am a 20 y.o guy who honestly doesn't have much experience with the female gender, so your advice is much appreciated!! .

Ok down to business - there is this girl who I see frequently at the local fast food outlet a few times a week who is really cute but really, really shy.

I am genuinely keen on her and I believe she knows I like her, so I ordered my food and ate my food in the restaurant with my mate and then I went back to the counter to get a drink and was served by her again and I made an excuse saying to her "i forgot to get a drink " whilst she had customers in-front of her and our eyes locked for 3-5 seconds and she had a really big cheesy smile she then looked back to her current customer, completed their transaction and looked back at me where our eyes locked for 3-5 seconds again and she had a really big cheesy smile.

It was my turn to get served by her, and I asked her how her day was going to initiate a conversation with her, she told me it was slow and said where she will be after work (as she has a second job at a club, ) and asked me how my day was and then it was time to go as there was another customer behind me. When we were talking she was playing with her fingers looking down to the ground.

I then come in another time (a few days later), and it was just me and her and I placed my order and initiated a conversation with her, at first she was really shy, I asked her how her 2nd job was the other day at the club (showing that i remembered what we were talking about the last time we spoke). I asked her what she does there and she said she is behind the bar as a glass collector, but she was embarrassed to say she was behind the bar as a glass collector. I asked her what she was doing on the weekend and she said she is doing nothing except working on sat night. She then stopped what she was doing and asked what I was doing?

When we talk her voice is really quite and she sounds really nervous and her body language is really slow when she walks around.

I come in a week later, on a day that she is working and she has heaps of make-up on than usual and all her colleagues now pay attention to me and stare at me. As soon as I walked into the restaurant, she was with another customer and waved to me even though I was at the end of the line. We didn't get to chat as the line was busy and she was asked to go out the back to get something for her manager. One of my colleagues got their lunch from the restaurant the same day a few hours later and she had taken all her eye liner / make-up off that was on when she knew I was coming in ( I go there at a certain time each couple of days a week).

The next occasion I went in, I was in the line with a mate, and I was next to be served and her colleague teased her and made her laugh as she had to serve me next.

The other day I went in and it was quite, and I started a conversation with her and then asked her out on the weekend, she went all shy and said aww nooo with a big cheesy smile and I said no? and she said noooo with a big smile. Her manager was near her but I don't think that would matter?

I really don't know what to do other than move on? I know she is really, really shy and getting a conversation out of her is hard but once she gets talking she comes out of her shell and loosens up and she smiles and stares me in the eyes when we talk.

I've heard that shy girls panic and just reject straight away or play hard to get, but I really don't know what to do??

P.S She has never mentioned having a bf in our conversations
    Help please
    Last edited by hiphop98; 20-07-13 at 03:45 PM.

She may not have wanted her manager to think she was picking up customers, I guess that doesn't look good. Maybe try again when her manager isn't around. If that fails, then you move on.

Oh for f uck sakes just ask her for her number.....you are an adult act like one.

I agree with the above poster, man up and get the number. Rejection don't kill ya.

I really think you need to move on. You're making a lot of assumptions such as that she had make-up on just because of you, when there were many other reasons, or that if she is laughing with her friends it must be about you. After all, you are just one of many customers she sees all day. You only spoke to her a few times. Just because you are thinking so much about her doesn't mean she is thinking as much about you.

You did the right thing by asking her out. Now you have an answer. She's not interested. Being shy has nothing to do with it. I'm a very shy person, and back when I was single, if a guy I liked asked me out, I would jump right on it and say "yes". A straight out "no" means she's not interested, and you'd be wasting your time pursuing things any further.
    “This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movement of small green pieces of paper, which was odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.” ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

She told you no so now try one more time and when you get your order (get the light calorie kind or you're going to gain 20 lbs before you get this girl on a date lol) ask for her number... or give her yours and ask her to call you. If she doesn't, then try the next server. *grinz*
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I can understand why she would say no in front of her manager. Try again when her supervisor isn't around, and if she says no again, then move on.