+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pause for London

Quote Originally Posted by whaywardj
    "Shred," Tone. "Shred." Angry fingers never type well, I know.
    Maybe Tone was offering the boob a burial shroud...

I will! What?

"Boob." Awww. You're so smart, shh!.

Quote Originally Posted by Asip4u
    You're still young and even though i cannot stand your ignorance, let me say this. I have seen terror first hand back in former Yugoslavia in 1992. What people did to each other was something you don't even see in movies. When you watch things like that hapening while having guns pointed at your head, you start looking at things differently. You obviously cannot relate to any of this, but there are many of us who can and others who do care, so please stop with all the bs before you embarass yourself more.
    You care, i don't. So simple is that. Why I should care if I don't know for what to care?

People die all the day. In Africa, theykill each other for food. I feel sorry for them.
    Last edited by boobaa; 08-07-05 at 02:55 AM.
    Don't expect anything.

Whup! Another one makes my list. Bye, Boob.

Tone Guest
    "Shred," Tone. "Shred." Angry fingers never type well, I know.
    Ah okay. I stopped to think about it and didn't know which it was. Thanks.

Whoa, Asip! What ABOUT Yugoslavia, 1992 first hand?
    Well, I was born there whaywardj!. Experienced close to a year of it (12 years old at that time). Some people when they're watching things like this on television, it's as if they're watching a movie. They don't feel like it affects them in any way and life goes on as if nothing happened.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

indigosoul Guest
    To the extent all of us eye such everyday things with heightened skepticism, terrorists are winning.
    Indeed. I was working early this AM, so just heard... sympathy to all those EVERYWHERE that have suffered from this.

HOWEVER, do not dwell on this...except to be more grateful for what you have & make a difference where you can. Be kind to someone today, hug your family, and remember that to live in fear IS to let them win!!

Who feeds the terrorists?

Ok, I better keep my mouht shut because it violates your general opinion and since you are not open-minded, you may get angry and i am happy I am not face-to-face with you.

Have you ever seen something skinned alive?
    Don't expect anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Asip4u
    Well, I was born there whaywardj!. Experienced close to a year of it (12 years old at that time). Some people when they're watching things like this on television, it's as if they're watching a movie. They don't feel like it affects them in any way and life goes on as if nothing happened.
    I'm gonna surf for some 1992 Yugoslav history. Try to get a feel for what a 12 year-old was witnessing at the time. Care to mention the locale you were in?

I'm gonna surf for some 1992 Yugoslav history. Try to get a feel for what a 12 year-old was witnessing at the time. Care to mention the locale you were in?
    Do some searches on "Manjaca", it's where my father was taken, along with thousands of other prisoners.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Awww, man. I feel for ya. *blinking back tears*

Tone Guest
    Sorry to hear that Asip >:[

Forewarning..this is NOT meant to defend or condone Boob's behavior or attitude..but there is something to be said along the lines he's "arguing".

First of all, I agree with whoever said s/he seeks attention. I haven't really read much of Boob, but based on other's opinions who have earned my respect I believe that attention is part of the equation.

BUT...

his stance is arguable..though his tone doesn't lend itself for argument so much as it seems like he's trying to be antagonistic.

It's something similar to what Arty stated: It's hard to feel sympathetic toward the lives of the individuals sometimes, because, in fact as boob says, we don't know anyone. People do die every day, and in worse ways like hunger in Africa.

What saddens me, for instance, is the fact that as Hayword says, it's a tactic that works, in all it's horror. It's incredibly difficult to prevent such acts of terrorism and the price to pay is incredible infringement of freedom.

That's what saddens me. The way this can affect the masses. The ideologies and/or ideas of some can influence a few others to follow. This happens in any organized environment. Few are the leaders and the followers don't THINK for themselves. We are so gullible as a race.

In any case, I went from Boob's point to my own personal feelings on terrorism...but there you have it.

While i was helping my dad at the barn, we saw some soldiers approaching. So they told us to quietly start heading towards the school. When we came there, women, children and old men, were seperated from those men (usually 18 to around 60). Stayed at the school for hours while my father was taken to the camp. Later we were released and when we reached our house, everything was broken and they took all the valuable stuff. That's how it all started...The next 8 months or so, we stayed in our homes in fear. During this time their forces with no known command came in and started randomly killing.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast