+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which would you prefer?

I could never be with a guy whose personality I didn't like, and whom I wasn't attracted to. I'd rather be alone.

So, what exactly do you mean with "not good looking"? Do you mean that I'm not attracted to him, or that he doesn't adhere to commonly accepted beauty standards (like zach efron or brad pitt or something)?

I find if you spend a lot of time with someone you can start to find them attractive even at first you didn't think they were.

I'd choose number 2 out of those options.

Number one is not very important to me because I don't care much about money. In fact, my husband earns a lot less than I do, and it's never been an issue.

Number three wouldn't work because looks without personality does nothing for me. Even for a casual fling, I can't see the appeal. I once shared a kiss with a guy who was really hot but had no personality. I thought a light make-out session with somebody like that might be fun. Nope. It never went further than a kiss because I realized how little I was feeling it.

Number two is a better choice because if a guy has an interesting personality, then the rest of him can start become attractive as well. That's kind of what happened to me with my husband. I wasn't physically attracted to him at first. But after we became good friends, and I started to really enjoy his company, he became much more attractive to me. Besides a good personality can help keep the relationship enjoyable for a long time.

Then you also mentioned that the first and last one are possible cheats. Having somebody who's trustworthy is absolutely essential to me for a relationship. So if number two doesn't have those issues, he'd definitely be the one I'd pick.
    “This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movement of small green pieces of paper, which was odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.” ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

I wouldn't pick any of those because I don't settle.. I want a man that I'm attracted too, has a good personality, and has a stable job that he enjoys and gets the bills paid

Okay, four more weighed in. Let me see what you all picked or didn't pick at all.

Searock-- means he is average looking at a 5/10 think of jonah hill, maybe? whereas the ryan's might be 9's. lmao depends on what actor, singer, athlete you think rates a 5 to have as a comparison.

Will that help you pick 1, 2 or 3?

Verticalmoon-- I like the way you worked it out the best of everyone. Thanks. #2 for you.

4ratties- so none of them for you.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jffs24 View Post
    Searock-- means he is average looking at a 5/10 think of jonah hill, maybe? whereas the ryan's might be 9's. lmao depends on what actor, singer, athlete you think rates a 5 to have as a comparison.

Will that help you pick 1, 2 or 3?
    I dunno what "average looking" is, since attractiveness is completely subjective. I could be attracted to a guy who is not "hot" according to the current beauty standards.

So, regardless of number 2's "hotness" according to current beauty standards, if I am attracted to him, I choose him. Otherwise, I choose no one.
    Last edited by searock; 22-07-13 at 05:21 AM.

OP your options are two vague. It makes no sense..

I think you are just looking for validation.

I knoe guys who have good jobs, trustworthy, good looking, great personality.. I know guys who have a good job, untrustworthy, crap personality..
    I know guys who are good looking with a crap personality and guys who are ugly with a crap personality, i know guys who are good looking and really genuine, ugly and really genuine..

Your asking as if there are only 3typescin the world and 2/3 are untrustworthy.. It makes no sense
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Just to prove there are women who can follow simple instructions without "but... but...".

Jobs can change and 'hotness' is as much about personality as actual physical attributes (which can also change somewhat).
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Well, my last was a mix of 1 and 3. So been there, done that. I would go for 2. Because everyone has something that is attractive to another. Personality is key, I like someone who can make me giggle when I feel sad and can carry on a convo and gets on well with others.

So, I'm picking # 2.
    “The one you love and the one who loves you are never, ever the same person.”

So 3 more for #2. Searock, IndiReloaded, sadbunnyface.
    None of the choices are about me, Michelle so I couldn't be looking for any validation. And all 3 are capable of cheating, uglier guys cheat all the time.

# 2 is the clear winner.

Thanks peeps.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

So 3 more for #2. Searock, IndiReloaded, sadbunnyface.
    None of the choices are about me, Michelle so I couldn't be looking for any validation. And all 3 are capable of cheating, uglier guys cheat all the time.

# 2 is the clear winner.

Thanks peeps.
    Now that the results are in, care to explain to us the reason of this poll :-)?

It is about some dudes my sister who is 21 is dating or stringing along, however ya care to see it, lmao. But three different dudes.

1st is around 26, okay looking guy has a good job, makes the $$ and buys her things. But is a real d-bag to most peeps. No one in my family likes him.
    2nd guy is a nice guy, Her age-- not as good looking, not that $$ of a job but her friends and the family get on with him.
    Last guy is the one all her friends are jealous of because they think he's hot shit, has no personality, always has his shirt off, can't carry a conversation to save his ****ing life and is unemployed and had a ****ton of gfs, some of them her friends.

More to it, but who wants to type all that long shit out online.
    That was to show her what most women would chose, she think no one would pick guy #2. But look who most of ya picked. Sent her the link, I'm sure she'll really care. I think she is friend-zoning #2. 1 buys her stuff and 3 makes her friends jealous.

If she isn't attracted to number 2, she shouldn't be dating him. She shouldn't be dating the other two either, if they are as bad as you say. There are plenty of guys that she would be attracted to and that have great personalities too, out there. She shouldn't settle.

It is about some dudes my sister who is 21 is dating or stringing along, however ya care to see it, lmao. But three different dudes.

1st is around 26, okay looking guy has a good job, makes the $$ and buys her things. But is a real d-bag to most peeps. No one in my family likes him.
    2nd guy is a nice guy, Her age-- not as good looking, not that $$ of a job but her friends and the family get on with him.
    Last guy is the one all her friends are jealous of because they think he's hot shit, has no personality, always has his shirt off, can't carry a conversation to save his ****ing life and is unemployed and had a ****ton of gfs, some of them her friends.

More to it, but who wants to type all that long shit out online.
    That was to show her what most women would chose, she think no one would pick guy #2. But look who most of ya picked. Sent her the link, I'm sure she'll really care. I think she is friend-zoning #2. 1 buys her stuff and 3 makes her friends jealous.
    Has she asked for your opinion? If not, I suggest you keep your thoughts to yourself - telling a sibling what to do is a great way to alienate them
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Has she asked for your opinion? If not, I suggest you keep your thoughts to yourself - telling a sibling what to do is a great way to alienate them
    She never stops asking for my opinion. That's the prob. Which do you like best? Who looks better with me, which one does mom and dad like more? On and ****ing on. Then ignores advice and re asks again.

I told her out of all of them only 2 would be able to get along with the family and most of her friends and the only one I would hang with -- She only cares if they buy her shit and how hot they look. Then comes back to me and cries when they ****ed her over. SMH.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast