+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How should this situation be handled?

Quote Originally Posted by sadbunnyface View Post
    IMO, you should have said I'll call you back when I get a break. I don't see it as being malicious on the exes part and if she still loves you, since she ended with " Love you" says it all, lol. You probably hurt her feelings. I don't think the extra text touch was needed obviously she got you were PO'd at her. Set better boundaries with her and be clear.
    No it was probably like you said innocent for her to call and she never did make work calls to me, only texts when working. But she wouldn't get off the ****ing phone when I said I AM WORKING.

But she was hurt because I was working? It looked bad on me to take that personal call, I just moved desks and was in a new area too.

I told her plan a call, don't just call, in other words text first and see where I am at.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jffs24 View Post
    No it was probably like you said innocent for her to call and she never did make work calls to me, only texts when working. But she wouldn't get off the ****ing phone when I said I AM WORKING.

But she was hurt because I was working? It looked bad on me to take that personal call, I just moved desks and was in a new area too.

I told her plan a call, don't just call, in other words text first and see where I am at.
    I think she was hurt because of the tone you took with her. As I said before, the whole repetition about the "is it an emergency" was totally uncalled for.

If you'd said in a friendly manner "I'm sorry can't talk at work, can I call you this evening?" I doubt she would have been offended. At any rate, you know her better than us. If you've been a former boyfriend and mate for years, you should know by now how she works.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

The whole conversation by both parties was "uncalled" for IMO. "I'm at work, I'll call you when I'm finished." Don't accomodate her anymore. You are going to have a hard time with any new girl you become more then casual with if this chicky is that familiar with you. Start doing the fade on her and get her used to you not considering her a priority. Goodness.. you enabled her to carry on by not ending it and she was a twit by not realizing she should have just said "okay, I'll call you later"

Two wrongs here as far as I can see. Tell her not to insist in future when you tell her you're at work if you're afraid of hurting her feelings and refuse to just do what you should do, which is immediately end the call after you say you're at work and will call her later.
    Simple!
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    I think she was hurt because of the tone you took with her. As I said before, the whole repetition about the "is it an emergency" was totally uncalled for.

If you'd said in a friendly manner "I'm sorry can't talk at work, can I call you this evening?" I doubt she would have been offended. At any rate, you know her better than us. If you've been a former boyfriend and mate for years, you should know by now how she works.
    She complained to her brother and then he talked to me about, sometimes she can be immature. ( her bro is also my best friend).

I kept saying emergency more for the co workers who were watching me take the call and for her to click in that I was working and not able to talk. She does stuff and doesn't think and if I was to be honest I didn't notice the phone # I just automatically picked it up because work contacts have my cell. So now she knows I screen HER calls and is hurt on that too.

I do know how she is and I know if I pick it up it will be hard to get rid of her. I didn't want her to know I screen her.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    The whole conversation by both parties was "uncalled" for IMO. "I'm at work, I'll call you when I'm finished." Don't accomodate her anymore. You are going to have a hard time with any new girl you become more then casual with if this chicky is that familiar with you. Start doing the fade on her and get her used to you not considering her a priority. Goodness.. you enabled her to carry on by not ending it and she was a twit by not realizing she should have just said "okay, I'll call you later"

Two wrongs here as far as I can see. Tell her not to insist in future when you tell her you're at work if you're afraid of hurting her feelings and refuse to just do what you should do, which is immediately end the call after you say you're at work and will call her later.
    Simple!
    I agree, I played a part too. I didn't realize she was so hurt by it until her bro talked with me and to make it worse I mentioned it to my mother that she had called and I was upset at her and even my own mother didn't like how I handled it. lmao, can't win.

She's been in my life since teens, so she will always be around in some capacity. Both families are tight. She isn't a jealous type, so she can't get along with girls I date. But girls I date are always jealous of her.

She can be immature and not think about the situation. This a prime example. Just because she thought I wasn't at work, fact I was didn't matter she kept talking because I picked it up.

I see my errors in it too now. Thanks all of ya for the insights.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12