+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How should this situation be handled?

How should this situation be handled?

Looking for replies first and then I will let you know how I actually handled it and from the feedback I didn't do well with it.

You are at work. Is maybe 2 hours before having to leave and your cell phone rings and you pick it up. It is a friendly ex and she isn't aware you are at work.

What do you say to her? Wanting to see where I went wrong, lmao.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

You say I'm at work and I can't talk right now, lmfao.

Okay, that came up but what if they keep talking? How do you handle that? She is very and I mean very talkative.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

Well it all depends on how you feel. If you WANT to still talk to her, then talk away, arrange a date even. Although, in my opinion, exes are exes for a reason. If you want nothing to do with her, be polite, end the conversation when you can, and forget about her.

I'll tell you the scenario because I have to go soon and I'll check back here tomorrow.

So I told the set up part. So I pick it up and she is going on about when are you leaving to pick up your mom from the airport?

I reply, " I am at work" I can't talk.
    She says, " I thought you were gone by now, why did you pick up your cell phone if you are still at work?"

" because I get work calls on my cell phone too"
    " But didn't you see it was my phone number, so why pick it up and not let it go to Voice mail and check later when free?"
    " I didn't, I picked it up and I am at work and is this an emergency?"
    "What? no, I was calling about your airport trip and why are you taking a tude with me, I didn't know you were still at work or I wouldn't have even called you"
    " I am working and have people around me so I will ask you again, is this an emergency? "
    "Don't talk to me that way like I am some random stranger to you -- I didn't know you were at work and when we dated you never picked your cell up at work"
    "Okay, so again no emergency?
    "No, going. Love you and to your mom."
    _________

"Nothing back?"
    " Bye"

"Bye"

Then a little later I sent her a text saying " I am very, very unhappy with you"

She sounds controlling... And a bit needy... Drop her.

I don't really have any friendly exes so I would have given them the button.

That has to be the most bizarre conversation ever - from BOTH your ends. Including your last text about being very unhappy with her.

From your end, all that repetition about questioning an emergency was totally unnecessary. It was clear by her conversational mode that it wasn't an emergency When she asked why you answered the phone, all you needed to do was say "I'm really busy right now - can I call you back in a couple of hours?"
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Why are you still talking to your ex? Clearly you and/or her still aren't over the break up.

Why is your ex telling you she loves you? Jeeeezus, any new girl won't like that or your effed up ex for that matter. She sounds intrusive and self-absorbed. Anyone with half a brain would have apologized for calling you at work (once you told them) and said they'd call you later. Not ask you why you picked up if you were at work. Twit.

You should have not allowed her to do any talking. Just said "I'm at work and i"ll call you back at 5:00. Then hit "end."
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

IMO, you should have said I'll call you back when I get a break. I don't see it as being malicious on the exes part and if she still loves you, since she ended with " Love you" says it all, lol. You probably hurt her feelings. I don't think the extra text touch was needed obviously she got you were PO'd at her. Set better boundaries with her and be clear.
    “The one you love and the one who loves you are never, ever the same person.”

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous_a View Post
    She sounds controlling... And a bit needy... Drop her.
    Is dropped as a Girlfriend, so you mean drop her as a friend because of the phone call?

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    Why are you still talking to your ex? Clearly you and/or her still aren't over the break up.
    We are still close grew up together, there is a lot of history between us, not only romantic history. One of her brothers is my best friend. I know she still loves me.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    That has to be the most bizarre conversation ever - from BOTH your ends. Including your last text about being very unhappy with her.

From your end, all that repetition about questioning an emergency was totally unnecessary. It was clear by her conversational mode that it wasn't an emergency When she asked why you answered the phone, all you needed to do was say "I'm really busy right now - can I call you back in a couple of hours?"

It is difficult to get the context right because the call went a few minutes but was giving the meat of the call. I get it looks ****ed up to the observers/readers. I texted so she wouldn't call me back in 10 mins, lmao.

She wasn't responding when I asked is it an emergency, so I kept pressing her on it to have it click in, it never clicked in.

Had to get my mother after work so I had no time during or after to ever call her back.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Why is your ex telling you she loves you? Jeeeezus, any new girl won't like that or your effed up ex for that matter. She sounds intrusive and self-absorbed. Anyone with half a brain would have apologized for calling you at work (once you told them) and said they'd call you later. Not ask you why you picked up if you were at work. Twit.

You should have not allowed her to do any talking. Just said "I'm at work and i"ll call you back at 5:00. Then hit "end."

She always says it, will say it as long as we are still friends. Years of history between us. Fact she says it doesn't upset me, fact she expects it back upsets me. She never did apologize.

Her brother said she felt I wasn't being a friend to her in my tone on the phone. I don't know what else I could have done to make her see work calls equal not cool unless an emergency. JFC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast