+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I dumped him because he used me, but I still like him......

I dumped him because he used me, but I still like him......

Towards the beginning of the summer, I went out with a guy, let's call him Chad. Him and I had gone out many times before then off and on. Chad dumped me a few days after he asked me out and the next day, his best friend, let's call him Brian, asked me out. Things were going great between the both of us weeks after he asked me out. We hung out a lot, talked to each other often, etc. I wasn't hearing from him very much as time went on and I found out that he went out of state and that he was going to be back in a month. While he was gone, one of my good friends, let's call him James, told me that he heard from his friend that's a friend of Brian's that Brian was using me. I didn't believe it at first because I thought James was jealous and said that to make me dump Brian. Well, one day I was talking on the phone to Chad and he flat out told me that Brian was using me. A few months before then, he saw Chad and I making out and he wanted some love too so he decided to go for me, an easy target, was going dump me after he came back from his vacation before school started. I didn't know what to think because Chad had a crush on me too and he could've been lying to me about it. The thing is, when Brian and I hung out, he seemed like he really liked me, or maybe he was just doing a good job of using me, I don't know. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if he was using me because I think Chad's used me a few times even though he denies it. After a lot of thought, I decided to dump Brian and he found out eventually. Brian came back from vacation about 2 weeks ago. I thought I was way over him, but when he got online and IM'd me, I got butterflies in my stomach and felt like such an idiot for dumping him. We didn't talk very much at first, but as the days went on, we talked to each other even more. Last Friday night, I talked to him online and he said that he wanted to "see me" later on that night. We ended up making out with each other and oh my gosh, did it feel good! Since that night, I've had this awesome feeling and I can't stop thinking about him. I'm still not sure if he was using me or not. I don't know what to do.

P.S. He's online right now and I had my friend ask him how hott I was on a scale of 1-10. He told her a 5. When I was going out with him, I asked him the same question and he told me a 9. Also, she asked him if he'd ever consider dating me again and he said probably not and he wanted to know if I still liked him. He's not talking very much to me at all.

Re: I dumped him because he used me, but I still like him......

I am sorry. A very similar thing happened to one of my best friend’s recently. She was seeing the guy on and off for over a year. And a month ago he told her all this time he was just using her. I felt so sorry for her. She is such a good person, but has bad luck with men. She keeps telling me why can’t the guys she likes be a good guy like me, I just tell her over and over that most men don’t equate feelings as much into the mix as women do.

Just don’t let it get you down. He did something more to you than physically uses you. He emotionally manipulated you. This is what happened to my best friend too. Guys sometimes will play with a girl’s feelings to jut get what they want. I always tell ppl to take things slow and don’t act on urges since 7 out of 10 times you are likely to be hurt.

Just reflect on things, and see what you learned and don’t make the same mistakes again. That is all you can do. Good luck.