+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Are Online Matchmaking Sites worth it ?

Are Online Matchmaking Sites worth it ?

Hi, I am new to this board, and new to the dating scene. I am looking at joining one (or more) of the online dating sites, and am looking for opinions from you all, as to which are the best and most reliable.

Additionally, I am in contact with my local church, and have been looking to get involved with some "local" organizations. My inclination is that the sophistication of technology today (internet, database matching, etc.)
    is the way to go, but I'm looking for opinions and commentary, on the online dating sites that are most trusted.

Would appreciate some dialog on this.

Regards,

Doug
    Last edited by Cybog; 08-07-05 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Don't include links in your first 20 posts, spammer

ha! are you advertising this site, doug?
    "Ogres are like onions."

oh yeah, i think you are, since you only have two posts and they both talk about dating site
    "Ogres are like onions."

While we're on the subject

Have you guys tried match, or any other site. If so, have you dated anyone from it?

Match is pretty big in my city. After the ex and i broke up, I went on there and met a few people. Went out with 2 of them. One was cool, and we are actually pretty good friends. As for the other, we connected really well on the phone, but in person i wasnt attracted to her. I guess there just wasnt any chemistry. Sureal situation

How bout y'all???

I have never personally done it, but I have a friend who does, and she dates a LOT!

lilwing89 Guest
    that shit is dumb...if you are going to date, do it the right way, the way it was meant to be.

Tone Guest
    How is that? Caveman hittin the woman upside her head and draggin her back to his cave? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    How is that? Caveman hittin the woman upside her head and draggin her back to his cave?

I'd rather have an internet date.

When I left the ex a friend of mine set up a profile for me on Match. Talked with a few guys that initially seemed to have potential but then went downhill fast. I did meet one guy though that I have ended up being AMAZING friends with. =)

But since the guy I'm currently pining over was introduced to me by a friend, I guess I'm having more luck (if you can call it that) with the more traditional way.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I met a really great guy that way once. He was completely normal and cute and everything.....we just didn't click too much in person. It's all good though, it wasn't a negative experience....at least you can spell out exactly what you're looking for right from the start.

i have never used them myelf however my father met his now fience and mother of his new baby son on match.com
    MAKE RIGHT LIVING GROW
    mUah
    ~Elvira

I've used them before and have gone on a couple dates. I don't think they're any worse or better than other avenues. I think females have better luck on them than men; I'm sure the odds are in their favor.