+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: help - truth or ruse?

Don't ever go back. If your curiosity is too much then just call him and ask him why he wants to meet you? If this is a married man def don't ever speak to him again.

I've gone backwards before and it was dumb. It was my mistake and my doing. I thought waiting 3 years would change things, it didn't. Luckily I didn't have sex with the ex again, but that's where it was headed. I think he just wanted sex and when he realized it wasn't going to happen and things with me were too complicated for him...he bailed (again). Douche.

Quote Originally Posted by thompkevin View Post
    I am pretty sure it's the same married man. It's not been long since she posted that thread.
    busted. I know i should not meet him but then i would never know and im too curious. Of course i realize that he wont say what i want to hear and it will be painful but i have to face this fear. I have no idea what he wants as he said it wasn't to go back to having sex.

Quote Originally Posted by avine View Post
    busted. I know i should not meet him but then i would never know and im too curious. Of course i realize that he wont say what i want to hear and it will be painful but i have to face this fear. I have no idea what he wants as he said it wasn't to go back to having sex.
    We ALL have to learn some lessons the hard way. All lessons in life are difficult to some degree, and we never truly *know* or feel anything unless we experience it. That being said, your situation is a common one. You love someone you can't have. He isn't physically or emotionally available for the both of you to share open love. So, listen to the advice given here and try to restrain yourself from meeting him. All you will probably think about when you see each other is sex anyway.

Call him. Ask him what he wants to talk about. Tell him you would rather talk over the phone and not in person. This way you can squash some of that curiosity, but not have all the other senses get involved. You're just going to leave feeling more confused. He just wants to lure you back in for selfish reasons. People do this all the time and rationalize how it's not selfish or cruel. He is being cruel to you and to his wife.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12