+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: girl isn't replying to my facebook messages anymore?

girl isn't replying to my facebook messages anymore?

So, I just met this girl who's in my group for a youth program, I added her on facebook, and we started chatting. We had an engaging conversation. We're both ryan kesler fans, she went to cadets, and I went to scouts. When I sent her a song, she said she liked it a lot, and she messaged me a few mins later, and we continued sharing music with each other, and we had a lot of fun. But today, after coming back home from camp for three days, I sent her three messages, but after 25 mins, she didn't reply to me, and turned off chat. Does she think I'm too clingy, doesn't wanna talk to me, or does she not like me? I even gave her three days before messaging her again. We had such a great time before. What does this mean? Thanks!
    Last edited by DarkxAngel20; 22-07-13 at 04:29 PM.

DarkxAngel20, I frequently leave FB on when I'm not at my desk and return an hour later to find messages which I didn't know arrived. And then when I do return, it's often to turn off the computer because I'll be doing other things and so the messages never get replied to. It's not that I'm deliberately ignoring them, it's just that my world doesn't revolve around responding to messages.

If you want to spend quality time with her, ask her on a date.

Edited to add: if she's just come home after three days at camp, she's probably too tired to respond.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    DarkxAngel20, I frequently leave FB on when I'm not at my desk and return an hour later to find messages which I didn't know arrived. And then when I do return, it's often to turn off the computer because I'll be doing other things and so the messages never get replied to. It's not that I'm deliberately ignoring them, it's just that my world doesn't revolve around responding to messages.

If you want to spend quality time with her, ask her on a date.

Edited to add: if she's just come home after three days at camp, she's probably too tired to respond.
    No. You got it wrong. I was the one who went to camp and came back after three days. I messaged her but she never replied. We have a few things in common. Is having too many things in common a problem?
    Last edited by DarkxAngel20; 23-07-13 at 03:17 AM.

I also forgot to mention that she turned off facebook chat after I sent her three messages, and she never replied to me.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkxAngel20 View Post
    No. You got it wrong. I was the one who went to camp and came back after three days. I messaged her but she never replied. We have a few things in common. Is having too many things in common a problem?
    No, Basil didn't get it wrong. If you like her and want to find out if she likes you too then ask her out for pizza or something and get her to actully tell you yes or no. She likely doesn't just want to simply chat with you endlessly on social networking.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I think every male and female that gets bent out of shape or feels hurt or stressed off FB and their partner should deactivate for a month and get a fresh and healthy perspective. Not a FB fan.
    “The one you love and the one who loves you are never, ever the same person.”

^^^ Gosh its nice to read a young person saying that. I'd rep you again if I could.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Aw, thank you, Wakeup. It wrecks relationships all my Gf's and some guy friends are always complaining about their bf/gf and FB dramas. I've never had it, or myspace, or twitter... any of them because I think it only fuels ppl's insecurities. That is never good. Why make yourself feel bad. RL kicks us enough, why get it on your virtual life too. I always get told I suck because I don't use any social networks and I go, wrong I do, it's called the phone
    “The one you love and the one who loves you are never, ever the same person.”

Having things in common is great. It's the FB chat which is dull! Get out there and have a real life conversation with her: Sounds like you'll have loads to talk about.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I really don't know what's up.. But I wouldn't give up just yet.. Id try talking to her again..

its only facebook chill man lol

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Having things in common is great. It's the FB chat which is dull! Get out there and have a real life conversation with her: Sounds like you'll have loads to talk about.
    It turns out she was just busy, that's all. The next day, she finally replied.

As for the dating part, I don't wanna sound to creepy to her, as I've only known her for about a week. We're not that close yet. I need to get to know her a bit better before I can start dating her.

Now I think she's just trying to avoid me. She's using one word replies and suddenly she stops replying to me, and she keeps turning facebook chat off everytime I turn chat on and when i turn chat off she turns chat on. Why? Am I too clingy? Was she not interested in me to start with? We had such a nice chat before. What happened?

Now its clear she's trying to avoid me. I should just move on....
    Last edited by DarkxAngel20; 24-07-13 at 04:07 PM.

you must be asperger's or something. she's not into you lol..

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    ^^^ Gosh its nice to read a young person saying that. I'd rep you again if I could.
    I just did for you

It turns out she was just busy, that's all. The next day, she finally replied.

As for the dating part, I don't wanna sound to creepy to her, as I've only known her for about a week. We're not that close yet. I need to get to know her a bit better before I can start dating her.

Now I think she's just trying to avoid me. She's using one word replies and suddenly she stops replying to me, and she keeps turning facebook chat off everytime I turn chat on and when i turn chat off she turns chat on. Why? Am I too clingy? Was she not interested in me to start with? We had such a nice chat before. What happened?

Now its clear she's trying to avoid me. I should just move on....
    She ended up having someone else with more balls ask her out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast