+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Reconnected with a girl after 15 or so years, asked to hang out, no response

Reconnected with a girl after 15 or so years, asked to hang out, no response

I'm in college and I've recently reconnected with a girl i went to elementary school with over facebook. She's really pretty now. I havent seen this girl since elementary school and the only way i've seen her is through her facebook pictures. Something about her tells me I'd really like her. We're friends on facebook so I've gotten a glimpse of her personality as well. We had a long conversation from about 12:30 in the morning to about 1:30 or 2:30 in the morning on the day that we added each other.We laughed and joke, etc. The last thing I said was, "lol yeah, anyway it was nice reconnecting with you. we should catch up sometime"She read the message a minute after I sent it, but didn't respond. What do I do? And no, she isn't going to reply back to that because this was a couple weeks ago. She's liked a few of my statuses since then but I take that stuff with a grain of salt. It doesn't really mean much, to me.

I realize now that I shouldn't have asked the gamebreaking question so quickly, I probably shouldve said something to the effect of "keep in touch." But what do i do now? I'm not moving on yet because I still dont feel that this is a tell-tale move on her part. Although it could be. Who knows. Girls can be quite confusing. You would think even if she didnt want to that she would say something like "yeah maybe" or "yeah but im gonna be pretty busy in the next few weeks."
    From my experience with girls, I know girls who have guys throw themselves at them regularly, tend to play hard to get. Please give me honest advice and what should I say when I restart the conversation? Am I making a big deal over nothing? I'm gonna wait a little bit before I restart the conversation because I don't want to sound desperate. I really don't want to give up. Not until I get a definitive "No."

Thanks
    Last edited by KyleBaker; 23-07-13 at 07:03 AM.

I think you did the right thing. She still can say yes or no and she knows youre open to it. If not then you have avoided the dreadful friend zone. Maybe you could remind her about your offer. Make her give you an answer and sometimes persistence pays off. Just remind once though.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

At least you went for it and tried.. Maybe she's talking to somebody else secretly and doesn't want to get too involved with you, or maybe she's still getting over and ex and not ready to hang out with a guy. Who knows.. Id say definetly chat her up again and see how it goes. Maybe try to find out more information

Quote Originally Posted by 4 ratties View Post
    At least you went for it and tried.. Maybe she's talking to somebody else secretly and doesn't want to get too involved with you, or maybe she's still getting over and ex and not ready to hang out with a guy. Who knows.. Id say definetly chat her up again and see how it goes. Maybe try to find out more information
    thanks for the replies. perhaps next time i should be more open? When I talk to her again, I'm not going to ask her to hang out. I'm just going to have at least a few more regular conversations with her and then I will ask. Maybe this time instead of saying "we should catch up sometime" I should be more direct and ask her to hang out? Thoughts?

Yes. The direct approach is better.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    Yes. The direct approach is better.
    thanks. im gonna let some time pass so i dont seem desperate then i'll try again. i think ill start by having some more regular conversations with her first?

Thats a one way trip to the friend zone. But some ppl dont mind the zone.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    Thats a one way trip to the friend zone. But some ppl dont mind the zone.

you dont think i should maybe just try to work myself in there first? being that i havent seen her since we were kids