+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What should I do?

What should I do?

So, I'm in this teen theater group at the library. This is my third year doing it. There's also this girl who's been doing it for three years. I've always thought she was pretty, but just now I've realized that I truly love her. There are some problems though.

I only see her once a week for about a month every year, and I we only have one dress rehearsal and one performance left, which are the only times I will get to see her until next late June/early July unless I happen to run into her somewhere.

There are a lot of other kids in the theater group, some of which I know, and I'm embarrassed to talk to her with other people around.

I think she's older than me, I'm 13 and she's probably 14 or 15. Not that age really matters, but I'm kind of young to have a girlfriend.

I would be extremely embarrassed for my parents or my brother to see me hanging out with her.

I already have dreams about taking her skiing when I'm older, and I have thought of how I want to propose to her, which coincidentally is when we are skiing.

She doesn't know I love her.

And I have a very good friend who is also in the theater group, and I wouldn't want to just abandon him and only hang out with this girl.

I'm in an online band, and have written a song about her. I don't plan on releasing it.

I don't have a Facebook or twitter account and plus I don't even know if she's on there.

I'm trying to kind of get myself on her radar, by saying hi when she and her sister arrive for theater practice, and asking casual questions while backstage, but I haven't gotten a chance to do any of these things yet.

She's very quiet.

She's extremely hot.

-------------

What should I do?

Someone please help me, I want to know what to do.

Plus this is my first post, so hi everyone!

Thanks in advance,

Owmyhead (why did I make that my username?)
    Last edited by Owmyhead; 24-07-13 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Adding even more stuff

You just need to be more forward. Otherwise, especially if she's very quiet, nothing's ever going to happen. Make an effort to talk to her practically whenever you see her, and if that goes well for a week or two, you can start thinking about asking her out. Also I'd recommend Facebook because it's easily the best social leg-up you can get. Regardless of whether she's on it (and she probably is), it's a guarantee that lots of her friends will be, which will 1. get you friends, and 2. bring you into her circle.

Quote Originally Posted by pacachomp View Post
    You just need to be more forward. Otherwise, especially if she's very quiet, nothing's ever going to happen. Make an effort to talk to her practically whenever you see her, and if that goes well for a week or two, you can start thinking about asking her out. Also I'd recommend Facebook because it's easily the best social leg-up you can get. Regardless of whether she's on it (and she probably is), it's a guarantee that lots of her friends will be, which will 1. get you friends, and 2. bring you into her circle.
    Well, I'm also kind of shy too. And I'm trying to find a chance to talk to her backstage but we are doing three plays and I am in all three. She's in only one. But I haven't gotten a chance yet. And I don't want to asks her out yet because:

How would I say it?

What would we do?

How would I tell my parents?

As for Facebook, I don't have an account, and my parents don't want me to either. But I could make a fake account just to see if she is on there.

But I will try to get a conversation going with her, or even with her and other people.

Thanks for your help!

Yes, I checked and I can't find her on Facebook.

I also forgot to mention in the first post:

She doesn't know I have a huge crush on her.

I know you are male but its time to be a MAN, You should go forward and tell her about your feelings. I dont mean that u go and tell her I love you. I just want to tell you to create a relationship out of that theater group. Try to be her friend. Normally when u go and talk with her she will get whats going on in your mind. You just need to clear your steps. First talk, try to find some common that u can relate with each other. May be a common friend or a common place you both like. You can ask her to go there. You just have only class left so i think u will not get enough time for introductions. Start with HI and then try to start the conversation and go for the information u need to relate with both of you.

Okay quick update:

The performance and dress rehearsal went good. What was even better was in the performance when someone else forgot their line. Fortunately, I was prepared and knew the line, so I said it for him. After that play, when I was backstage, the girl who I have a crush on complimented me on saving the play there. It made me feel like she had started to notice me a bit more.

Today, we went to the art museum for a tour. The girl and her sister were there. We were in seperate groups during the tour, sadly, but afterwards everyone went to a cafe down the road for lunch. I sat at the table next to she and her sister. Nothing really happened, except that they said that they were planning to do the theater group again next summer. And also, her sister, not the one who I have a crush on, but who is also very pretty, I could feel her looking at me a lot, so I can't tell if she has a crush on me or not.

Thanks for your help, everyone!

Do they live near you? I'm guess they must if it's through a library? Besides if she has a sister who seems to hang around with her, you should just take your friend over there and talk to them both. Being with someone your familiar with may help your confidence when you speak to her. She'll remember you definitely if you go up and talk to her. And if you both live in a similar area, ask if they want to do something in the area with you and your friend. I wouldn't suggest a movie, because it sounds to double date ish. If there's a local mall you four could meet up there?

Quote Originally Posted by Adair View Post
    Do they live near you? I'm guess they must if it's through a library? Besides if she has a sister who seems to hang around with her, you should just take your friend over there and talk to them both. Being with someone your familiar with may help your confidence when you speak to her. She'll remember you definitely if you go up and talk to her. And if you both live in a similar area, ask if they want to do something in the area with you and your friend. I wouldn't suggest a movie, because it sounds to double date ish. If there's a local mall you four could meet up there?
    Actually, I'm not really sure where they live. But my friend is a year younger than me and hes probably not interested in talking to them.
    There are a few malls, but none near my house. Plus I'm not ready to go on dates yet.

Okay, an update: I have some good news and some bad news.

I am signed up for a literature class that I took last year also, and I just got the student list.

The bad news - The girl I have a huge crush on is not on it.
    The good news - However, her sister is.

ANOTHER update:

I just got back from the first literature class! The way the class works, is there are four houses, and each house has four students, except one, which has three. So it's very similar to Hogwarts. Well, I was sorted into the same house as the girls sister, one of my best friends, and someone else. But now I've noticed that I kind of love both girls, the older one is prettier, but the younger one is more like me, we're both extroverts. So now I'm not sure which one i like better.

And some bad news, my mom is constantly talking about moving out if town.

So now I'm really more interested in the younger sister, the one who is in my literature class. I found out where she lives (not very close to me) and I also found out that her older sister, the one I had originally fallen in love with, is in public school, so I've basically given up on her.

The younger one seems to like me quite a bit, we already have a long message conversation on the class website.

Ask her out dummy. Take her to the mall for an ice cream or something.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Ask her out dummy. Take her to the mall for an ice cream or something.
    I think you're the dummy. Did you not read what I mentioned in a previous post? I don't know her(the younger one) that well yet, and I am not ready to date yet! I'm only 13!

I had my first BF at 13. So why do you think you are too young? (just curious)

Christ I remember back in elementary school some were GF/BF at the age of 12....make out seshes in the cloak room lol.

I don't think I'm too young, I just don't know if my parents really want me to have a girlfriend at 13.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast