+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My girlfriend thinks I'm losing interest

My girlfriend thinks I'm losing interest

Saturday NIght my girlfriend mentioned how I hadn't called or texted her all day. Yesterday she mentioned how I didnt text her at all in the morning. Also today she said something about taking a bullet for her and i said I would, and that if I had a chance I would tell my true feelings for you. She thought maybe I wasn't being truthful about how I love her but I do and I told her i do and that I would just proclaim how much I loved you
    I also told her the reason I didn't text or call Saturday was due to working all day and being extremely busy and after my job I had to go to a family get together. She was working in that time so I figured i would just call her when she got off. I told her I wanted to text her but was to busy. Then i explained that I had a busy day at work yesterday and just couldn't text. (I dont like to text people when i cant have a nice conversation, no point of saying "hey" and taking 10 minutes to reply)

After i told her lal this she seemed to understand but I'm thinking maybe I need to make more time to text her or something

Nah you need better boundaries. It's completely understandable that you won't be able / won't want to text her at times, she just needs to get used to that. As long as there's not an extended break in your communication then there's no problem.

If you want to make her happy.. Put more effort into talking to her

She's being needy and insecure. And if you start texting her all the time like she wants, you'll be reinforcing the behaviour. It's time for her to learn to trust that you do love her - and for her to realise that your life can't revolve around her.

I second the suggestion of getting some boundaries in place with her.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Just tell her if you didn't love her you wouldn't be with her and she needs to trust that you are telling the truth about your feelings for her.
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

I don't think you did anything wrong by not texting her before. Now you know that's one of the things that makes her feel appreciated in a relationship, though. So it wouldn't be a bad idea to set aside some time for it in the future. Putting in the effort to do little things your partner likes such as that can help keep the spark alive in a relationship.
    “This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movement of small green pieces of paper, which was odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.” ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by VerticalMoon View Post
    I don't think you did anything wrong by not texting her before. Now you know that's one of the things that makes her feel appreciated in a relationship, though. So it wouldn't be a bad idea to set aside some time for it in the future. Putting in the effort to do little things your partner likes such as that can help keep the spark alive in a relationship.
    write that down lol

maybe she cheated and feels guilty?

let her know you love her

Have you always been texting her a lot? If you did, then maybe it's the change that made her think you're losing interest. Before my bf and I got together, we'd be chatting during work but that decreased when we got together. It did make me think if he was losing interest. However, whenever there's a problem like if i'm upset about something, he'll be replying me more frequently. I mentioned this to him and he said it's because now he doesn't have to "chase" after me anymore since he has me already. Then he said he will check and reply more quickly whenever i'm upset or if we're arguing because he's scare to lose me.