+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Adding friends

Adding friends

Was wondering. Why do peeps add friends on their accounts on here, and if ya do does that mean you click thanks more for those peeps and support their threads/posts more?
    and if ya don't then why did you add them as friends, to make yourself look more popular on here, lmao.

Curious about the logic behind it. Some have, some don't. What say you?
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

Not a peep -- Too busy internet fighting with each other? ROFL.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

Coz you get to know people on here. Same regulars on here a lot and they are internet friends, some frenemies.
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Can you foe and block on here like other sites, for the frenemies?

I haven't added so I don't know what but it does on your account -- I just figured you see where your friends posted and you can easily go and like or comment. But if peeps don't do that then why would they add members at all?

I dont know lol. Its not something i really thought about. Just added the people i see regularly here and a few newbies that i like. Some added me
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

I added a few friends early on but found that it really made no difference to the account or access. So now I don't bother.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I agree I don't see why we even have it. Unless it serves an important purpose outside of a social one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jffs24 View Post
    I agree I don't see why we even have it. Unless it serves an important purpose outside of a social one.
    It is a feature some members use, and some don't. If you don't want to use it or see no purpose, then feel free to simply not add any friends or avoid this feature altogether. You are correct in the assumption that it is entirely a social feature. So is your friends list on Facebook, Twitter, and whatever other social media you use. Some of the regulars here are fairly tight and have been for a long time.

One important note is that you can set your PM permissions to "friends only", and there are several veteran members who do use a friends list for this purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Over The Fence View Post
    It is a feature some members use, and some don't. If you don't want to use it or see no purpose, then feel free to simply not add any friends or avoid this feature altogether. You are correct in the assumption that it is entirely a social feature. So is your friends list on Facebook, Twitter, and whatever other social media you use. Some of the regulars here are fairly tight and have been for a long time.

One important note is that you can set your PM permissions to "friends only", and there are several veteran members who do use a friends list for this purpose.
    Thanks, OTF that is good info. It seemed similar to Facebook to me when peeps accumulate friends for the sake of it.
    I like that PM option ya mentioned -- so you don't get dumbass trolls spamming your inbox and I would think the long termers would get hit up for private advice all the time and that shit would get old fast.

While I got ya here, lmao.
    What is up with the UnThank button? Does it show the poster you unthank who unthanked them, is it for moody peeps who get butthurt? I never saw a unthanks option before.

I'm not sure why the "remove thanks" is there. I assume LA put it on in case people thanked someone inadvertently.

I thought it is for the internet fickle who love you one day and next day you don't agree with them hate you or they see your thanks total is surpassing theirs and remove thanks, lmao.