+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What is she thinking?

What is she thinking?

Just kinda curious about what a girl i was dating for a couple weeks is thinking. I really liked this girl we had so much in common had some great talks, I just really enjoyed her company. I date alot and this girl I liked quite a bit. After about 2 weeks of dating about 5 dates, The last night we went out she asked me what i would think if someone i dated was sleeping with somone else. I told her it would depend on the person and how i felt about them. The subject was dropped there and i went on with the date knowing she was sleeping with somone else at that point. On our 2nd date she invited in to her place and after a bit she was really wanting to have sex, at that point i told her no that i wanted to get to know her because i really liked her and i didnt want sex to get in the way, she agreed. So things were really great i mean this girl was really into me, called me every day i never had to call her unless i called to set up a date, there were so many signs from her that she was into me big time, even things said by her friends to me of how much she was into me. Anyway on our last date night the night she brought up the question about sex, same thing she invites me into her place and things get heavy again and she really wants to have sex and i tell her that i would have sex with her but i dont want to have sex with somone that is having sex with other people and that i didnt view our dating as that casual and that i was looking to work toward somthing. She agreed and things were fine, she asked if i would wake up early and go to church with her the following morning I agreed but honestly and that point i was so turned off because when i said that i didnt want to have sex with her if she was having sex with other people her response was that she just has sex with a friend that she has been having sex with for awhile and my way of viewing that is like you cant put casual sex on hold to see if somthing better works out? but i didnt say anything all i said was i would not have sex with her and she needs to do what makes her happy. Anyway at that point i was so turned off that when i got home i sent a text saying that i changed my mind and didnt want to go to church with her and i told her i thought she was an amazing person but that i didnt think it was a good idea for us to date but i would like to stay friends. I got no reply to that text. a week went by i called her she picked up and we talked it was a great talk, I asked if she would like to talk again somtime she agreed she did. week later i call no answer, 3 days go by i call no answer, no call back or text, wait about 3 more days call she picks up we have another great conversation she tells me she is dating i tell her i am happy for her and that i am dating as well very non serious getting to know people, and she responds with kinda a attutude " Well thanks for keeping me in the loop" anyway i have called again 3 days after this and its back to the ignore. She was really into me i know this. Is she just pushing me away now because i dont want to date her because we dont agree on sex? Did she just lose all attraction for me because i didnt want to continue dating someone that was so casual with sex? I feel she answered my first call maybe she thought i changed my mind? I dont know, i guess i just liked this girl and wanted to keep her as a friend.

Sounds like she was already dating someone else when she met you and was trying to down play that situation. She probably really liked you, but her emotions were already wrapped up in another situation. She was trying to date both of you at the same time and you weren't down with that. You should be proud of yourself for speaking your mind and sticking to what you wanted...seriously not many people can do that. Don't worry about her...let her go and if she wants to get serious with you then she will re-surface.

Here's the thing, love.

It's fine to be principled and boundaried, and I commend you for that, BUT, as a woman, if I am dating a guy and we're not having sex relatively quickly, then he's friendzoned.

The more time I spend with a guy romantically without sex, the less likely it will ever happen.

Basically, you waited yourself into oblivion.

Look, you view sex as some big, major, hairy deal in the beginning of a relationship, and she views it more recreationally and as a natural by-product.