+ Follow This Topic

Thread: So me and my girlfriend have been together 4 months now and...

So me and my girlfriend have been together 4 months now and...

Okay so we have been together 4 months now and we love each other very much, she has two beautiful children who seem to like me very much, she waited until 2 weeks ago to introduce me to them as she is very protective over them. This was a very big step for her as she hasn't had any other guy in her life until now after she left her ex for reasons i wont get into. Here's the problem, she doesn't think we have a future together because of her kids, like i said her kids like me and we get on really well when we go out on days out etc. She's very protective over these kids, i would be as well she had an awful past relationship. What am i supposed to do from here, she doesn't see us living together or progressing because her protection over her children is very strong and i can understand it completely. Do i continue to carry on with this hoping in time she will change her mind about me and the children or do i let this love of mine go? Wasn't really expecting to move in right away, i'd only just met her kids and didn't really think this far ahead. Is there anything i can do to help this situation at all? I really don't want to let her go because we love each other so much.

Thank you for any answers i receive.

You need to discuss this with her. Tell her what you want, what you are hoping to achieve in the future with her. Ask her does she want the same things, if she says no, you have your answer
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

People tend to ignore what people tell them in relationships, in hopes they will change their mind.

Don't make that mistake here. She's told you she sees no future with you, so listen to that.

Talk to her about this and see what u have to do to make her trust u