+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sex but not dating

You are still dependent on him.

OP - What do you really want? To me, your posts sound like justifications for being able to "have your cake and eat it too". I am not really a big fan of the saying, but I think it applies here. Is your depression coming from a sense of feeling "trapped" while you were in the relationship? Do you want to keep all the comforts this guy provides you with, but still be able to live your life on your own, separate from the responsibilities of a full time relationship?

Anyway, what do you really want? Don't be afraid to admit it. Do not go down the half in a relationship/half not road...someone will get hurt because it's a very rare situation where 2 people are on the same page about separating sex and emotion. Going for a walk or cooking dinner does not produce the same type of bonding that the physical act of sex does...get real.

And I don't think anyone replying to your post is being that harsh or putting you down (maybe Backup but that's his m.o.), so don't take anything as a personal jab...we don't know you. This is objective.
    Last edited by Maple1714; 01-08-13 at 11:14 PM.

I think it could work if you establish some ground rules like if the two you will remain monogamous during this time. Sometimes when your young its hard to tell what you want but if you can see yourself marrying this guy some day then you probably have a future and the too of you also have a history. Maybe just be honest and have some ground rules? Good Luck and good for you for seeing where this goes and not just giving up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12